Best way to learn to play

hd3
Go to solution Solved by Gederas,

I was just curious, my mates and I all have kids and wives etc. so we can only get together to play like once or twice a month maybe. By which time I've forgotten how to play of course. Is there any kind of reliable simulator or something where I can practice just like I'm playing the real game with the exact same rules?

I'm not aware of anything like that. Perhaps if you're able to find a Youtube channel with presenters you like, you could watch the occasional battle report and keep up to speed that way. If you're interested, I suggest Tabletop Tactics, Winters SEO, SN Battle Reports, Miniwargaming and Guerrilla Miniature Gaming as possible starting points.

• Solution
2 hours ago, hd3 said:

I was just curious, my mates and I all have kids and wives etc. so we can only get together to play like once or twice a month maybe. By which time I've forgotten how to play of course. Is there any kind of reliable simulator or something where I can practice just like I'm playing the real game with the exact same rules?

Ever heard of or try Tabeltop Simulator? Lots of people I know use it for playing Warhammer online

Edited by Gederas

If it’s just the two of you and the goal isn’t to become a tournament player, just play what you remember and don’t worry about it. That’s what my mate and I do accompanied by drinks and snacks!

(Can’t remember the last time we got terrain rules right first time or remembered to score secondaries…)