The Sisters Kit - special and heavy weapons

Go to solution Solved by Vassakov,

I know there are 4 flamers, 4 melta guns, 4 storm bolters, 1 heavy bolter and 1 heavy flamer, but I can't tell if they share components or not.

Assuming I had enough bodies, can you make all 14 special/heavy weapons from a single kit?

The standard Battle Sisters Squad is designed to create three squads, (Battle Sister, Dominion and Celestian squads). As a box of ten it will build a combination of at least nine of the special/heavy weapons, not sure if the tenth would have to be a leader, so an extra four or five bodies would be required to build all fourteen.

The weapons themselves don't share parts, so yes, you could make all 14 weapons, which is great for kitbashing/conversions.

Built per-instructions, each weapon is designed to go with one of the bodies, so the weapons do share that.

So they share a body. I'd not considered that, I thought it might have been like Intercessors or something where you could mount arm set B on body A or whatever.

If I buy 2 kits can I for certain make;

5x dominions with leader and 4 flamers

5 x dominions with leader and 4 storm bolters

5 x dominions with leader and 4 melta guns

5 x retributors with leader and 2 heavy flamer and 2 heavy bolter

thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

So they share a body. I'd not considered that, I thought it might have been like Intercessors or something where you could mount arm set B on body A or whatever.

If I buy 2 kits can I for certain make;

5x dominions with leader and 4 flamers

5 x dominions with leader and 4 storm bolters

5 x dominions with leader and 4 melta guns

5 x retributors with leader and 2 heavy flamer and 2 heavy bolter

thanks!

Yes, you could.

*SOME* arms are swappable to different bodies, but some are moulded to specific torsos. I got to have quite the play with the kits as I've assembled 4 squads for commissions. I'm not fan of having the same monopose model multiple times in the same force, so I was conscious to not have dupes.

When the kits came out, I found that some of the sisters bodies could swap weapons with the retributors. 

On 2/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, RolandTHTG said:

First conversion, taking the book from the retributor superior and snipping off the tab, it fits quite well on the grenade body.

gallery_21521_16117_734563.jpg

In other experiments, I tested interchangeability between the two kits, using the numbers in the instruction booklet for sisters and the body number from the Retributor instructions.

I tested the multimelta arms, but all looked similar for each body.

A Retributor guns fit:

11 sister

9 sister

6 sister

5 sister

B retributor guns:

I couldn't figure out sister 10, as her knee blocks the multimelta from fitting either arm for me.

1 is the superior. 2 just explaining the many heads and helmets. 3 the imagifier.

I've done many conversions with the kits. I have a nice size army now but my favorite conversion is my dynamic canoness kit bashed from 3 kits.

20210313-231900-IMG-1049.jpg

As 10th is on the way, soon, I plan on using them to break the ice on the new edition.

I hope that the Sisters don't suffer from the new. I am fond of my army and hope to not shelf it.

Have fun gaming!