Space Marine Heroes: Death Guard are back?

There's one up for £200 for a sealed box of 6, ahahahaha. By our notorious scalper friend goldfishblue of course. At this rate, GW should just send all their limited runs direct to the scalpers and save everyone the trouble of a retail release at all.

24 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

There's one up for £200 for a sealed box of 6, ahahahaha. By our notorious scalper friend goldfishblue of course. At this rate, GW should just send all their limited runs direct to the scalpers and save everyone the trouble of a retail release at all.

That's the old box without the new plague caster and duplicate marine, lol. This is so Tzeenchian, he should rename himself to "goldbirdblue"

14 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Another complete disgrace of a release. At this point you have to ask what is the point of them even announcing them up for sale. GW might as well put them up on eBay for £200 themselves.

If you're going by the link above, then as pointed out, it's for the last plague marine release, the one from a year or so ago.

Also I didn't think these were limited?

21 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

If you're going by the link above, then as pointed out, it's for the last plague marine release, the one from a year or so ago.

Also I didn't think these were limited?

I wasn't going by that link, I was going by the fact that GW and every third party webstore in the UK is already sold out. There are multiple listings on eBay for the 2023 version of the box for obscene prices, albeit at the £130-£160 price range rather than the £200 for the old set by scumfishblue

Edited by Halandaar

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

I wasn't going by that link, I was going by the fact that GW and every third party webstore in the UK is already sold out. There are multiple listings on eBay for the 2023 version of the box for obscene prices, albeit at the £130-£160 price range rather than the £200 for the old set by scumfishblue

And they think Leviathan will go any better?

2 hours ago, phoenix01 said:

And they think Leviathan will go any better?

Well it depends on quantity doesn't it. This is the unknown with GW products, Death Guard has sold out instantly but we don't know if that was 500 units or 5,000 or even 50,000. Common sense suggests it's sold out because they produced a low amount, with production capacity they might have spent making more going to more copies of Leviathan instead. So them selling out 5k copies of the Death Guard minis is no indicator of selling out of leviathan if they've printed half a million copies.

The only point of optimism I have for Leviathan is that you could (and probably still can) get Cadia Stands(!) boxes without much grief, even though Imperial Guard are one of the most popular armies in the game. Presumably they did produce boat loads of the things - compared to the Kill Team boxes who released around the same period and sold out instantly - and it was similarly advertised as "buy it while you can!".

Strike Force Agastus you can also find pretty much everywhere, and although the savings weren't great... it was still a box full of new Marine models. 

I guess we'll find out on launch day. Hopefully once Leviathan is out in the wild people can actually get hold of stock for... basically anything new.

Edited by Lord Marshal

9 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

The only point of optimism I have for Leviathan is that you could (and probably still can) get Cadia Stands(!) boxes without much grief, even though Imperial Guard are one of the most popular armies in the game. Presumably they did produce boat loads of the things - compared to the Kill Team boxes who released around the same period and sold out instantly - and it was similarly advertised as "buy it while you can!".

I was in my local stockist the other day and they still have four copies of Dominion. That gives me hope they can get it right for Leviathan but even if they don't I am absolutely sure they'll announce an after-the-fact MTO again if required. They can't afford not to after the year-long fail with regard to Kill Team and the Lion and so on.

Regarding the Death Guard, I managed to find an online seller who was still selling individual blind boxes at face value so in lieu of being able to get a full box anywhere I ordered 8 singles, we'll see how I do next week I guess. (They've subsequently sold out, sorry!)

I gave up trying to get these units.

GW decided we don't need them. Putting them into these blind boxes was a gimmick which is fine for collectables. 

I'd like the whole set and if they finally get to ebay, and are not crazy, I'll bite.

Given they're launching headline releases every week with < 1000 copies on their website for entire continents, it's difficult to see how any amount of emails could help. Until they sort out their production capabilities and IT systems, Warhammer is in a position where it can be wiped out stock wise for 6 months at a time thanks to terrible warehouse systems and lack of inventory.

"More Warhammer. More often."

Laughable really.

Good job I had the previous set. Just need the one model which will no doubt be on eBay in a day or two..

Not looking good for leviathan based on that is it..

My favourite so far, absolute bargain..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325663793614?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B7zmZoKwThi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Rcy_IQkuT5e&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by happyslugger

12 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I went into one of the game shops nearby and they got me an entire box for $55. Not a bad deal. 

Lucked out then, I was in my semi-local GW who didn't get any, looking for something else and someone called asking for help with the pre-order for the DG.

"Oh yeah, that's really easy I'll do it on my terminal for you"

"OH. Sorry it's sold out, I don't know if it's coming back"

It was literally 1:01 EST, and our pre-orders go up at 1pm EST

Also

6 hours ago, Ephialtes said:

Given they're launching headline releases every week with < 1000 copies on their website for entire continents

Do we have a source for that?

19 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Lucked out then, I was in my semi-local GW who didn't get any, looking for something else and someone called asking for help with the pre-order for the DG.

"Oh yeah, that's really easy I'll do it on my terminal for you"

"OH. Sorry it's sold out, I don't know if it's coming back"

It was literally 1:01 EST, and our pre-orders go up at 1pm EST

Mines a LGS who uses a supplier to get stuff; they do most of their business as an art store. Might have better chances that GW directly, actually, going outside their internal ecosystem. And it was later than 1 pm est. 

6 hours ago, happyslugger said:

Laughable really.

Good job I had the previous set. Just need the one model which will no doubt be on eBay in a day or two..

Not looking good for leviathan based on that is it..

My favourite so far, absolute bargain..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325663793614?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B7zmZoKwThi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Rcy_IQkuT5e&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I wanted to find an auction that actually sold cuz that's more indicative of the price but I wasn't enthused by what I saw there, either. People are allowed to spend their money however they want, but I cannot fathom paying $200 for a single power armor miniature. That's bananas. 

33 minutes ago, -DonCorleone- said:

My pre order just got cancelled by an lgs. They said that GW told them they have no stock left.

That sucks.

I've got one per ordered through a LGS, now I'm worried I could lose out to.