Question about hive fleets IDs

Bouargh
Go to solution Solved by Brother Nathan,

Hi there,

Just read the WarCom articles about paint schemes (Painting Leviathan – How ’Eavy Metal Tackled the New Tyranids and Space Marines - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)) and this led me to wonder about the Hive LFeets identified.

As I am not in Nids and as I haven´t faced them since 4th ed at least, so I am fully disconnected of their lore.

These Hive fleets with gorgeous paint schemes (Tiamet, Typhon and Cetu - as well as in minor aspects Lotan) they are relatively new fleets? 

I don´t think I ever heard about these (neither found them in Lexicanum list of hive fleets) - do you have directions to backgrounds or reference sources you can share? Where they previously published in codices with specific rules or so?

Thx

Edited by Bouargh

2 hours ago, Bouargh said:

Hi there,

Just read the WarCom articles about paint schemes (Painting Leviathan – How ’Eavy Metal Tackled the New Tyranids and Space Marines - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)) and this led me to wonder about the Hive LFeets identified.

As I am not in Nids and as I haven´t faced them since 4th ed at least, so I am fully disconnected of their lore.

These Hive fleets with gorgeous paint schemes (Tiamet, Typhon and Cetu - as well as in minor aspects Lotan) they are relatively new fleets? 

I don´t think I ever heard about these (neither found them in Lexicanum list of hive fleets) - do you have directions to backgrounds or reference sources you can share? Where they previously published in codices with specific rules or so?

Thx

Tiamet and Lotan are from past editions. Tiamet is building a Tyranid-Continent very psychic and in-universe no-one knows what's it's purpo

se, Lotan fought Death Guard and the two made a planet too toxic for the factions.

Edited by Jscarlos18

• Solution

tiamet-sea link in name but... 

'Its primary base of operations in the system is the Jungle World of Ziaphoria, the surface of which it has begun to tyrannoform into some type of biomechanical psychic resonator whose purpose remains unknown and worrisome to the Ordo Xenos of the Inquisition.'

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Hive_Fleet_Tiamet#:~:text=Most theories about Hive Fleet,-coded DNA%2C is responsible.

Typhon i can find nothing on so new. same with Cetu

lotan i cant find much on bar a few comments connecting it to a jungle world post rift as to fighting death guard.