Dark Angels Redeemed project, lists, and BRs

Galron

Work continues. Anyone following the drop pod discussion already has seen this so theres that. As the first part of my Vow I am going to try out a Burninator style pod list. In it will be:

Corswain(Vulkan) Model doesnt match exactly, I put him on a bigger base, found a cool purple sword tutorial so Vulkans's spear is a big great sword. 

2 squads of Infernus marines 10 and 9 man

Company Heroes with Corswain

Devastator Squad-Ill have to try out which works better, melta or grav

Captain

This will all be in drop pods hitting the center or most valuable objective in cases where objectives vanish.

Captain in terminator armor

LT with combi 

Assault intercessor

intercessors x2

Assault intercessors x5 fist x2 plasma pistols

Terminator Squad x10 Assault Cannonsx2 (its what I have built and painted)

Outriders x3

Ballistus

3 drop pods

Comes out to an even 2k

What I need to paint for the vow is:
5x intercessors

5 Jump intercessors

9 Infernus

Company heroes

Corswain

Outriders

Not as big a bunch as I had last time. For my 2nd vow I will rotate over to my Angstrom Red Scorpion force and fill that out to 2k. I have most if not all of the models, they just need paint and there are 31 models there, all infantry including two characters, Then I will rotate to my 3rd vow which is Iron Warriors but I dont think I have more than 10 models to do there, mostly just filling out a needed weapon guy here or a character I dont already have there. Then I will start back on Night Lords which have a pile for the 4th vow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fun game using my Burninator 2.0 list versus a very competitive Bugs list. Still lost at how nidzilla isnt a top tier tourny winning list. Amazing guns that make marines look weak, close combat that is insane, durability from hell and they dont bracket for some stupid reason. The only reason I stood up as well as I did is I know the game better than my opponent.

He had:

Swarmlord

2 Hive tyrants(whichever ones give assault to everyone within 6")

3 Big gun bugs

3 Brain bugs(the ones that give anything within 6" -1 to hit)

10 gargolyes

2x3 thropes(the brain bugs with the 4++)

2 pyrovores(cheap tough line holders)

I had:

Vulkan

company heros

term captain with the strength relic

Captain with adamantine mantle

combi-LT

2x5 intercessors

5 jump intercessors

2 Ballistus

10 terminators with 2 assault cannons(everyone hates on the cannons, I love them)

dev squad with multi-meltas

10 infernus

9 infernus

3 drop pods

We played take and hold, short end to short end. I started with intercessors on my home objective in the open, one making a run for the right objective. LT on the right side going for that objective. The two ballistus dreads behind terrain ready to step out. He had all of his big bugs across the front edge of his line. Gargolyes behind them on the right side. One pyro on the left side. one on his home. both brain thrope squads in his rear areas, one t home, one backing up the left pyro. LT nominated the center objective as his special place.

He got turn one

His T1: His wall of chitin advanced across the middle of the board. He moved everything up and took every no ones land objective. He left the pyro and one brain thrope squad on his home. His shooting wiped an intercessor squad and killed 3 of the squad on my home objective, they did however pass BS. My T1: Oathed one of the 2 hive tyrant guys giving assault) Stickied home for all the good it did and retreated the remaining two intercessors back behind terrain. LT moved up. Both Ballistus(i?) stepped forward. I already lost the center so Vulkan and the boys dropped with the captain infernus to land roughly at my deployment line with a good chunk of his force in range.  The 10 man infernus found a good spot on the far left corner with a squad of thropes just in LOS and range. They did the immolation protocol and wiped that unit. The captain did immolation protocol for free and his unit killed the hive tyrant. The two Ballistus killed a big brain(-1 to hit brain bug). Dev squad and company heroes did nothing, well maybe a couple wounds to another big brain bug but nothing of note.

His T2: He tried to skip his gargolyes into my deployment zone to tag my home objective. I overwatched with the Infernus squad and wiped them. After that he concentrated fire and wiped out Vulkan, the command squad, the dev squad, charged the infernus and their drop pod with pretty much everything while he left gun bugs on the center and left objectives.  On a bright side, the drop pod exploded doing a mortal to pretty much everyone. The Captain was the last survivor of the charge and moved into the wounded brain bug and popped His finest hour and devastated wound killed it. He consolidated into my home objective and into the captain.  MY TURN 2: Oathed the gun bug on the center objective. Moved the 9 man infernus squad around some terrain and BBQ'd the other 3 thropes. Terms dropped in the far right corner 9" from both his home obj pyro and the gun bug. Jump Intercessors landed on the right objective safe behind terrain. Ballistus in my home territory stepped onto my objective. I managed to kill the big gun bug that was on my home objective. LT engaged the pyro on the left in close combat not realizing they are frikking T6 and 5 wounds with a 3+ save(even if they cant do much). Termies manage with split fire to do 4 wounds to the home objective pyro and 5 to the gun bug on the center and promptly fail both charge and plus the reroll. The other captain gets smeared by like 10 attacks before he has a chance to do anything.

His T3: He isnt quite sure what to do. He moves his last big brain bug back towards the terminators. The Swarmlord kills the drop pod which blows up. Left gun bug kills 4 infernus marines. I lose 4 terminators to a very weak shooting phase. He charges the home objective ballistus with hive tyrant and does something like 8 damage. MY TURN 3: Tempting target on left objective. Oath the gun bug on home objective. Assault Intercessors jump to a clear spot on center objective. Infernus marines move to his home objective and kill the pyro. Termie assault cannons, both ballistus and jump intercessors shoot and kill the center gun bug. A few damage to the brain bug from the storm bolters. LT backed out of combat, and ballistus managed to kill it with krak missiles which then granted me higher OC than the gun bug sharing it. Termies charge(and I should have charged the intercessors but from my angle, I couldnt see them and forgot. Dropped it down to 2 wounds.

His T4: And as I write this I realize we only played 4 rounds. He moved everything free to the center whch consisted of a gun bug, brain bug and a swarm lord. The Hive tyrant weirdly wiffed his attacks on the Ballistus last round. Paying  single CP allowed the 2 wound brain bug to wipe the terminators after it fell back. He charged the jump intercessors killed all but the sgt who managed to get a punch in on the brain bug and killed in. He passed BS. The hive tyrant made up for his wiffing and stomped on the home objective ballistus. Thinking this was turn 5 we quickly moved to what mattered. His swarmlord was off the objective. The jump intercessor fell back but stayed on the objective. The 6 remaining infernus marines advanced to get the gun bug in range and did immolation protocols but only did 8 dev wounds. The remaining Ballistus flubbed his attacks only wounding with one lascannon which got the bug version of armor of contempt so did nothing. He was able to charge however and get his big OC4 onto the objective. I scored 9 points off secondaries that round.

It was a rough game. I think if I had known that it wasnt the last actual round I would have used the infernus on the swarmlord instead and bounced the assault intercessor off to the right objective. Where it was safe and kept the Ballistus on the left objective shooting until I needed to take the center and get some primary points.

Overall the army did well. Vulkan and the infernus were outstanding. Once again, even with the Melta buff from vulkan (I think I fired them first to try and get a quick kill) they flopped so bad its not funny. The company heroes were all but useless aside from the -1 damage thing. I am going to have to think about what to put with Vulkan in his pod, I dont think Melta is the way to go and the Heroes are just a pile of ablative wounds for the most part unless I am missing something. Wondering if 9 Hell blasters wouldnt serve me better even if they dont get a buff from him.

• 3 weeks later...

So Firestorm detachment captains are no longer worth the points to bring them and with that, dual Infernus drop pods are almost useless now since getting double Immolation Protocols was about the only thing keeping drop pods floating. Now I am thinking 2 pods instead of the three and using them in a more surgical nature rather than as a forward shock assault force. 

Vulkan(Corswain)

Infernus 

Drop Pod

2x5 Sternguard w/heavy bolter

Drop pod

6 Bolter Aggressors

Biologicus

Land Raider Redeemer

Centurion Assault Squad or 2x5 Assault intercessors

Land Raider

2x5 Scouts

Jump Assault Intercessors

Infiltrators

Ballistus

-What I have considered was a Hailstrike Storm Speeder by dropping an assault intercessor and scout squad as a means of buffing up the AP on all of the other anti-infantry units.

-Also as the list stands, not sure if to bring 3 Centurions or 2x5 assault intercessors since they are the same points. 

I am not sure on the sternguard, I havent used them since the edition first came out and they got to double tap, so I guess we will see how effective they are now.

I'll probably try the list as it stands now first and then try the hail strike version and see how that works. Either way I wont have a game for at least 3 weeks.

Thats why I have dropped to just the one Infernus. I almost want to skip the sternguard but figure they might have some use as a podded unit. The real question is what is more valuable, a captain with a -1CP on Immolation or Vulkan with damage rerolls. 

Not a huge fan of sternguard since the nerf when the codex came out. I just cant math them doing that much damage on the drop, especially against something that doesnt have OoM.