How to insert info boxes?

Minigiant

Most of the BBCode functionality went away with the site upgrade, unfortunately. Sidebars were mentioned in the below topic as a possible thing to reintroduce, but I haven't heard anything since and I wouldn't bet on it. I think the suggested fix is to make one of your own, in something like Excel, and then insert it as a picture instead. Kind of a hassle, but....

However, some Code functionality seem to still function. Since I'm here, I noticed you're using drop caps in your newer topics. I've been trying to make those work without success. Is this Code that still works or what?

1 minute ago, Codex Grey said:

However, some Code functionality seem to still function. Since I'm here, I noticed you're using drop caps in your newer topics. I've been trying to make those work without success. Is this Code that still works or what?

I cannot get it to work properly, I have to copy and paste from a surviving article and then edit the letter from there. An annoying work around.

Hmm, I see. Copy pasting is one way to preserve some of the old BBCode, but it seems very inconsistent. I've tried multiple times to copy paste dropcaps, but they just won't stick.

I have been able to copy past other things, like skull-less headers, tables, but it usually screws with the original formatting.

The software update removed the custom BBCode, including the captions, sidebars, and left/right images. In turn, that removed a lot of the formatting options that were frequently used in the finished articles. We are left with the default formatting options and a few that we were able to add back in such as a few headers (see below):

image.thumb.png.3213fde30c1f5d2e637f586b5bf17fbc.png

We hope to eventually add more, but that's low on our priority list.

In the meantime, we're left with less sexy articles when composed on the site. If you want to get a sexy article, you'll have to create your own document in a word processor and then post screenshots, as I did here with the Nova Hawks and here with the Order of the Faithful Sword (articles created in Microsoft Word). Clearly that's sub-optimal.