Warhammer Vault: Lack of New Content

The part that's raised my ire is that I'm still not eligible for the year 2 exclusive miniature when early adopters and those that showed up later have already received, painted and forgotten about theirs. Unless the year 3 mini somehow miraculously aligns with one of my armies I'm very likely to pull the plug like many others. Getting the exclusive model last just because I missed the early adopter deal by a week or two is pretty insulting when people that subscribed much later get fast-tracked ahead of me.

As for the vault, it sounds like a useful resource but I already have a stack of books in my house from older editions. Some are even unopened (that Elite Skitarii Cohort army expired before I could even get to try it out) Hearing that GW has been gutting the rules out of campaign books is quite irritating. All they need is a disclaimer that the rules are from an older edition of the game and are no longer compatible with the current (trainwreck of) rules.

I was trying to be positive about Warhammer + when it started even with the tide of negativity that surrounded it but the releases have really slowed to a fraction of their former output. I was really enjoying the masterclass tutorials but I haven't seen any replacement staffer fill that role yet.

On 7/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, Cactus said:

I don't disagree but you're talking about WarhammerTV, not the Vault.

I started reading the Gathering Storm but it's so bad and the Vault itself is so awkward to navigate that I don't think I finished the first book. Lack of new content wasn't something I had even noticed. There is a lot of OOP material that could be kept available this way but the presentation needs to be improved before I start to care about the volume.

If half of the W+ service was top tier, that would be enough for many to excuse the state of the other. 

"The vault has all the old rules and lore with no missing content. Its really what W+ is about anyway."

"Warhammer TV has production values rivalling major mainstream studios for its shows. The vault is just a bonus."

Neither of these defences could be used now because GW has setup W+ overall to fail. Making the vault the best it could be would have been the cheapest way to prop up the service for existing GW fans to make it a viable service. But, GW lead the charge of W+ with its shows instead as its main selling point. The average joe is used to high production values in the current media market. IF GW weren't going to do that, they should never have made the shows the main draw. GW has shown they barely understand their current customers, let alone trying to rope in new ones who can't tell the difference between a primaris or firstborn, eldar or dark eldar etc. 

7 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

If half of the W+ service was top tier, that would be enough for many to excuse the state of the other. 

"The vault has all the old rules and lore with no missing content. Its really what W+ is about anyway."

"Warhammer TV has production values rivalling major mainstream studios for its shows. The vault is just a bonus."

Neither of these defences could be used now because GW has setup W+ overall to fail. Making the vault the best it could be would have been the cheapest way to prop up the service for existing GW fans to make it a viable service. But, GW lead the charge of W+ with its shows instead as its main selling point. The average joe is used to high production values in the current media market. IF GW weren't going to do that, they should never have made the shows the main draw. GW has shown they barely understand their current customers, let alone trying to rope in new ones who can't tell the difference between a primaris or firstborn, eldar or dark eldar etc. 

Yeah, and I feel like the provided they have their own collated archives, I feel like the vault shouldn't be that hard to have a constant stream of content.

Do like 90's white dwarfs and stuff. Some 2020 WD isn't nearly as interesting imo.

5 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

I just find it mad that when Heresy was released last year none of the black books from first edition were published on the vault. You have so many heresy players who've never touched them, and that would have been a way. 

While I agree wholeheartedly, I feel they need to fix the viewer first.  It is such a pain to use.  Several of my friends were so put off by it they no longer visit the site.