2.5K Alpha Legion HH 2.0 - Feedback Needed

tagsta

Hi guys, here is a 2.5k AL HH List for your feedback:

Thanks in advance

Questions:

- Unsure about the ROW - any recommendations?

- Would you rate this list very competitive? I am looking for a balanced list overall.

- Is it correct that the Scorpius Squadron costs 15 points and each Scorpius 105? 

Here is the plan:

- Most units infiltrate and disrupts opponent's plans
- Saboteurs try to blow things up and cause mayhem

- I understand that Dynat allows me to infiltrate 3 Units, so he would join the stolen Fulmentarus and Infiltrate 2x Tactical Squads including MM Rhinos.

- Effrit will infiltrate, pick a target then shotgun and shank.

- Recon Squads will infiltrate, provide support fire, cause pinning

- Proteus Land Speeders Go Outflank and Tank Hunting

- Deredeo & Normal Dread will walk around and hunt infrantry

- Scorpius & Sicaran Arcus provide fire support

Options:

- I have a spare rhino with MM, I could replace Effrit and instead use them as a 10x man Recon Squad with Shotguns in a MM Rhino to have another Line/Scoring Unit.

- I could swap the turret of the Sicaran for the normal and plasma version

What could be better:
- Melta on Dreadnought instead of second Fist

- Lascannon on Deredeo

- More Line Units? I have 30 bodies - 2x Tacs and 2x Recon that can hold objectives

Alpha Legion - 2.5k

Legiones Astartes

HQ ---

1x Armillus Dynat 185

Rite of War

1x Saboteur 85

magna combi-weapon (melta)

1x Saboteur 85

magna combi-weapon (melta)

TROOPS ----

10x Tactical Squad 100

Tactical Sergeant, 9 Tactical Space Marines

• 1x Rhino 65

pintle-mounted multi-melta

10x Tactical Squad 110

Tactical Sergeant (power sword), 9 Tactical Space Marines

• 1x Rhino 65

pintle-mounted multi-melta

5x Reconnaissance Squad 135

Reconnaissance Sergeant (Nemesis bolter), 4 Reconnaissance Marines, 4× Nemesis bolter

5x Reconnaissance Squad 135

Reconnaissance Sergeant (Nemesis bolter), 4 Reconnaissance Marines, 4× Nemesis bolter

ELITES ----

1x Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

Contemptor Dreadnought 195

2× Gravis power fist (plasma blaster)

10x Effrit Disruption Cadre 280

Effrit Principal (power dagger), 9 Effrit Disruptors, power daggers

5x Fulmentarus Terminator Squad 315

Fulmentarus Decurion (power fist), 4 Fulmentarus Terminators, 4× power fist

FAST ATTACK ---

1x Proteus Land Speeder Squadron

• 1x Land Speeder 95

pintle-mounted multi-melta, hull-mounted graviton gun

• 1x Land Speeder 95

pintle-mounted multi-melta, hull-mounted graviton gun

HEAVY SUPPORT ---

1x Scorpius Squadron 15

• 1x Scorpius Tank 105

1x Deredeo Dreadnought Talon

• 1x Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought 205

volkite falconet

1x Sicaran Arcus Squadron 15

• 1x Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank 210

two sponson-mounted lascannons

Edited by tagsta

- The first Scorpius in a Squadron (of up to 2 tanks) costs 120 pts. The second tank clocks in at an additional 105 pts.

- Armillus Dynat can bestow Infiltrate on up to 3 infantry units. Infiltrate does not transfer to or from independent characters. So, if you want him to infiltrate alongside a unit, he needs to be one of the three selections. See the rules on infiltrate and independent characters.

- Three line units in a 2.500 pts. list might not be enough, depending on the parameters of the mission you'll find yourself playing, but four units should work (if the tiny 5-man recon squads survive indeed).

- Consider running PotL for your RoW, with Dynat bestowing infiltrate upon himself and two units of Veterans (which will be your compulsory troop choices).

13 hours ago, Unknown Legionnaire said:

- The first Scorpius in a Squadron (of up to 2 tanks) costs 120 pts. The second tank clocks in at an additional 105 pts.

- Armillus Dynat can bestow Infiltrate on up to 3 infantry units. Infiltrate does not transfer to or from independent characters. So, if you want him to infiltrate alongside a unit, he needs to be one of the three selections. See the rules on infiltrate and independent characters.

- Three line units in a 2.500 pts. list might not be enough, depending on the parameters of the mission you'll find yourself playing, but four units should work (if the tiny 5-man recon squads survive indeed).

- Consider running PotL for your RoW, with Dynat bestowing infiltrate upon himself and two units of Veterans (which will be your compulsory troop choices).

Great feedback mate - Hydra Dominatus!
Well, I think Veterans are typically better to be CCW equipped and I don't have units for this. But maybe I will stack up on some Terminators or Lerneans and run POTL.

I reckon I switch up the Effrit Squad to a Recon Squad with Shotguns and Rhino with MM that can also infiltrate and hold objectives etc. that way I have 5x scoring units and 40 bodies at least until I have maybe amended the list a bit.

I could also turn the sniper recon squads into a 10-Man Unit to save some points

Edited by tagsta

• 2 weeks later...

This list reads like you’ve ticked all the boxes for the really effective stuff in 2.0: lascannons, snipers pinning, Fulmentarus, contemptor, arcus …

So if it has a weak spot, it is presumably being overrun by a horde of chainaxe wielding loonies. So my question is, do you actually *want* to infiltrate? That just means getting closer to the enemy.

And don’t feel you need a Rite of War, it’s very respectable to do without one. I personally am looking forward to trying the Mobius Configuration, which seems to me like a Rite of War masquerading as a Warlord Trait. But perhaps it could work here - a sacrificial speed bump? Not sure what you’d drop to make room for the allies though.