What do I need to play AI?

I just picked up few planes for the upcoming new Epic Scale game Imperialis Legions.

But all the starter set are gone/out of stock.

So, what do I need to try and play this game in addition to planes (special dice? tools? goodies?... )? I can manage to make almost everything even plinting a big map. Do you also know where I can find such a map (pdf? printable?)?

21 hours ago, BolterZorro said:

So, what do I need to try and play this game in addition to planes (special dice? tools? goodies?... )?

You only really need the models, some standard D6's, manoeuvre tokens (which you can make yourself as they're just 1-9), a hex-based play mat, and the rules. 

In terms of rules, I'm assuming you'd want the Horus Heresy rulebook, which only covers the Horus Heresy era aircraft, and is "direct only". 

Whilst I've never used them, Deepcut Studios has some aerial maps designed for Blood Red Skies which could work well - you'd just have to use their custom mat feature to add the 2" hex grid. Or you could print your own if you had access to a large-format printer (a quick search online reveals some generators, although they seem to be fairly basic or not free). :smile: 

Don't know if that's any help?