Little bit of background, I have been working on and off on a squad/Chapter for a while now, not sure how many years but probably at least 2 or 3 Editions, so don't judge me lol. They're a HEAVILY Greek Themed BA Successor Chapter, and this particular squad I want to have Jump Packs, and hopefully all with a Shield and Spear/Sword as the main visible armament (some other WYSIWYG may be fudged).

Just wanting to make sure I understand, and ask for clarify if I don't. Currently as far as Space Marines/Blood Angels go, Vanguard Veterans are the only ones that can be entirely comprised of Shields w/ Jump Packs, but now suddenly have to sacrifice any ranged weapon for the Shield, am I understanding that correctly? Furthermore, did I miss if there was another unit that could entirely take shields, preferably with Jump Packs?

As a side note, what happened to Combat Shields, are they even an option for Sergeants anymore?

You are Correct a Vanguard Veteran model does lose its ranged shooting if it takes a shield.

Combat Shield on the Assault Sergeant got an upgrade, it now gives a 4++ invulnerable.

No other unit has Jump Packs and Shields.  You might get away with Sanguinary Guard having smaller shields to represent a 2+ armour save.  For me they would have to look distinctly different.  Maybe a small buckler shield for 2+ save vs a Tower shield for a 4++ as an example.

As for other units without Jump Packs with a shield that really only leaves Vanguard Veterans on foot, and Terminator Assault Squad armed with Thunderhammer and Storm Shield.  

Company Veterans get an honorable mention here, the two extra guys can be armed with a Power Weapon and Shield.