Ashen Sentinels - my Primaris Space Marine army

...and here's 4th Company Captain Ouranos, Master of the Fleet:

IMG_20240530_214811.thumb.jpg.b5b18fe4014618995fa750fa51d343a1.jpgIMG_20240530_214851.thumb.jpg.e4ab290fe319daca74a6a0c66726441f.jpgIMG_20240530_214939.thumb.jpg.dbc9c7f53dfa6934034f70211bc8c906.jpg

(after noticing - before AND after varnishing the miniature :rolleyes: that there were a couple of places I'd forgotten to highlight..!) 

Off for a holiday new, when I get back it's on with Bladeguard - and something for Call to Arms..! 

Posted (edited)

They do look great - the leather and edge highlighting on the armour is both really nice. :smile: 

Whilst I'm sure it's irking, I don't think anyone will notice the slightly angled decal on the sniper's should pad. :smile: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

39 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Whilst I'm sure it's irking, I don't think anyone will notice the slightly angled decal on the sniper's should pad. :smile: 

Thank you - yes, like I say, it's not too noticeable unless you look at it from an angle where the shoulder pad is 'down' at its usual position :sweat:

Lesson learnt - make sure you leave your decals to settle and any setting solution to be fully disolved/absorbed before carrying on with painting the miniature, folks..!:rolleyes::laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this month I started work on a squad of Bladeguard Veterans, but now Call to Arms is under way, I've made a start on my pledge for that - a squad of Aggressors. At the armour highlight stage of the former, and the panel lining stage of the latter :biggrin:

IMG_20240620_215001_edit_104425642004898.thumb.jpg.155425eb144ec6e4d0b3dbb4db866bed.jpg

If you're a regular visitor to this plog (thank you :smile:), I'd be grateful for any feedback over on my blog for this army, as I'm trying to decide which Company the Bladeguard are from - this will determine which colour I paint their tabbards/robes :sweat: I'm still not 100% sure yet which option I'll go for, so any input is appreciated! :thumbsup:

I think either would look good. :smile: 

Giving them green tabards would tie them in to your captain (and any other elements of your force with tabards), whilst giving them the cream tabards of the first company would mark them out as separate/different.

I think the question is, if you made them first company, would you have any other elements from that company in the future? If not, would you be happy with them being the only element which is visually distinct from the rest of the force, or would you rather they appear integrated?

Personally, I'm leaning towards green ...

3 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I think the question is, if you made them first company, would you have any other elements from that company in the future? If not, would you be happy with them being the only element which is visually distinct from the rest of the force, or would you rather they appear integrated?

Thanks for your input @Firedrake Cordova :smile: I do indeed plan to add some 1st Company elements to this army in future - at least a squad each of Terminators and Sternguard. As well as that, future expansions if this army will focus on different Companies, for example the next stage is 2,000 points which will be from the 3rd Company. So doing the Bladeguard as 1st Company means they'll fit with any other selection of models I choose for any game.

I think that as they're intended as part of the 4th Company force I've already done, it does make sense to tie them to that - so I'm still very seriously considering green for the robes :biggrin:

Well, it sounds like you've got a pretty grand plan for your force if you've got another 2,000 points planned out :biggrin: 

If you're not planning on "bouncing" the same Bladeguard models around as bodyguard for other units, I'd do them in the same colours as the character they were guarding to tie them together. But that's just my personal preference. :smile: 

30 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Well, it sounds like you've got a pretty grand plan for your force if you've got another 2,000 points planned out :biggrin:

Indeed, let's put it this way - between Dark Imperium, some Kill Team sets, an army set, Conquest magazine and Imperium magazine, I've quite a lot of Primaris Marines to build and paint :sweat::biggrin::laugh: