The End and the Death - Volume III

1 hour ago, Cenobite Terminator said:

Dan said in his recent interview it ends based upon what we already know so I don’t any major retcons coming.

Arguably what we do know is through an outside lens (don't rightly recall it now but it might even be an in-universe recount), so while the broad strokes might be the same the devil's in the details and almost anything can happen there.

3 hours ago, GenerationTerrorist said:

So, poor old Sanguinius died for nothing?

Not exactly, he chose to die a hero rather than become a monster as he feared.

Also, as part 1 explains, it was vital that he fight Horus before the Emperor did. If his visions were false, he had the best chance of beating Horus. If his visions were true then he could not let the Emperor fight Horus first as it would mean the Emperor would die. By dying first, Sanguinius ensured the Emperor still had a chance to beat Horus, even if it cost him his life. The Emperor agreed with him which is why he let him join the boarding party rather than remain to hold the Palace,

12 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Not exactly, he chose to die a hero rather than become a monster as he feared.

Also, as part 1 explains, it was vital that he fight Horus before the Emperor did. If his visions were false, he had the best chance of beating Horus. If his visions were true then he could not let the Emperor fight Horus first as it would mean the Emperor would die. By dying first, Sanguinius ensured the Emperor still had a chance to beat Horus, even if it cost him his life. The Emperor agreed with him which is why he let him join the boarding party rather than remain to hold the Palace,

Evidently, I was replying in jest to the previous comments!

36 minutes ago, Dried said:

Does the new website change anything for those wanting to preorder the LE?

Only that it will automatically go into a queue system if there is high traffic (which there will be) and that it will appear in a wildly random place on the pre-order section even if you use filters so by the time you've found it and got to the payment screen, which still won't have saved your card details, it will probably have sold out.....

My quick tips: log in hours before but change location to New Zealand so you can see where on the pre-order page the book will actually be and use paypal at checkout because there are always issues for me whenever I pay by card......

On 1/10/2024 at 3:01 PM, StraightSilver said:

and that it will appear in a wildly random place on the pre-order section even if you use filters so by the time you've found it and got to the payment screen, which still won't have saved your card details, it will probably have sold out.....

I'm keeping "The End and the Death" copied into my clipboard. Use the search function - it returns 6 items at the moment (for me anyway, only one is a book)

6 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

My queue is showing more than an hour. Seems like the first one I'll miss. 

5 minutes for me, but if it's still 10 minutes and then kicked back to the queue I'll miss it as well :confused:

UPD : yeah....

Untitled.png

Edited by OpossumStrong

4 minutes ago, Preliminary Bombardment said:

Oh what? This has changed, I was logged in, was refreshing then got kicked out. You only get a 10 minute slot? I wanted a coffee!!

It's always been like that. When the queue system is active, you only have a fixed time to make your purchase before they boot you and allow someone else in the queue to come in.

1 minute ago, m_r_parker said:

It's always been like that. When the queue system is active, you only have a fixed time to make your purchase before they boot you and allow someone else in the queue to come in.

I've not used the queue system before, last time I bought anything was the last LE and it was the old (also terrible) system

On 1/10/2024 at 3:01 PM, StraightSilver said:

Only that it will automatically go into a queue system if there is high traffic (which there will be) and that it will appear in a wildly random place on the pre-order section even if you use filters so by the time you've found it and got to the payment screen, which still won't have saved your card details, it will probably have sold out.....

My quick tips: log in hours before but change location to New Zealand so you can see where on the pre-order page the book will actually be and use paypal at checkout because there are always issues for me whenever I pay by card......

It boggles my mind that the new website *doesn't* save your card details unlike the old one.

Just now, Matcap86 said:

Man, what's with this new website. My queue times were all around 30mins, and now they're back to over an hour? What the hell is happening. 

Same, had a estimate for 47mins and now it is back to over an hour