The End and the Death - Volume III

2 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

I'm so annoyed with myself, accidentally opened the site earlier than intended, my queue was 30 minutes which would have meant I got in just after 10am, but got in early, just got booted out at 9.40am and now my queue is an hour...... sigh...... 

I checked the website around 9:29 and yeah I got 5 min queue...

6 minutes ago, Kenzaburo said:

Wait time is more than an hour - time I simply don‘t have this morning. You gotta be kidding me. Does this mean that I‘m in a queue with tons of bots or just you fine gents?

It's got to be bots surely. Ebay is already showing dozens of copies.

this is actually worse than the old system

Just now, m_r_parker said:

I have one tab remaining, says it's 12 minutes. Was 8 a minutes ago. I think my luck has run out this time....

I'm still at over an hour for everything. Went all the way down to 20mins and now all the way back up. Either way I'm done with anything limited edition from Games Workshop ever again. 

Sigh. Also had the same problem as most of you... Got on early, joined the queue, got into the site at 9.30 and didnt know I had a 10min slot. Happily looking about at LImp and booted out. 
Now an hour queue. 

You can quit boys, my wife went to the shop in the hopes of skipping the queue but it went out of stock couple minutes ago. First one I missed in the whole range. :cuss: this :cuss:ing bull:cuss:.  

Edited by Matcap86

2 minutes ago, Preliminary Bombardment said:

It's got to be bots surely. Ebay is already showing dozens of copies.

this is actually worse than the old system

It is beyond me how they could’ve made the entire system worse. And yet they seem to have done it. Before I seemed to have at least a tiny chance in hell, now I‘m expected to wait in a queue while bots have seemingly circumvented everything. Jeeesus. 

What I don't understand is, when I joined the queue earlier there was a notice (which I haven't seen before) saying that, effectively, the site was region locked, so orders outside of your region wouldn't be fulfilled.

In other words, I couldn't, for example, change my location to another hemisphere and get the book early. So, ho are there sellers on e-bay with copies that hadn't even gone on sale yet?

I have only missed 2 of these limited editions so far, but this one looks like it would have been impossible even from the start. 

2 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

What I don't understand is, when I joined the queue earlier there was a notice (which I haven't seen before) saying that, effectively, the site was region locked, so orders outside of your region wouldn't be fulfilled.

In other words, I couldn't, for example, change my location to another hemisphere and get the book early. So, ho are there sellers on e-bay with copies that hadn't even gone on sale yet?

I have only missed 2 of these limited editions so far, but this one looks like it would have been impossible even from the start. 

Before I had the impression that I could get a chance with some timing and brute-forcing with F5. Now I‘m still at over an hour wait time, the thing is sold out and multiple copies on eBay where sellers got more than copy to sell. What the hell happened here?

Just now, skylerboodie said:

they should be named and shamed and reported to GW; must be a store employee or something similar, using their shop terminal before opening?!!

Actually way more effective way is to report trough ebay, first of all they are selling something that they don't own and some of them wont state this in the description ( the rules requires it), price gouging can be used as a reason too. 

The problem is, that most of them are sellers with high rep, and the max ebay can do is to ask them to change the description...

I didn't meant to cover over them. 

Just now, Kenzaburo said:

Before I had the impression that I could get a chance with some timing and brute-forcing with F5. Now I‘m still at over an hour wait time, the thing is sold out and multiple copies on eBay where sellers got more than copy to sell. What the hell happened here?

The abomination of a new website happened. With scalpers taking gleefull advantage apparently.