The End and the Death - Volume III

Just now, son of the forest said:

Sent an email to GW to complain, I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears but that's all you can do 

Yup same here. This is unacceptable. Might be a good idea to also post on their socials. Companies really don't like it when news sites and the likes pick up on stuff like mass Twitter complaints and the likes. 

Edited by Matcap86

7 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

What I don't understand is, when I joined the queue earlier there was a notice (which I haven't seen before) saying that, effectively, the site was region locked, so orders outside of your region wouldn't be fulfilled.

In other words, I couldn't, for example, change my location to another hemisphere and get the book early. So, ho are there sellers on e-bay with copies that hadn't even gone on sale yet?

I have only missed 2 of these limited editions so far, but this one looks like it would have been impossible even from the start. 

By checking some of them sellers I found out that some of them ordering trough Japan\NZ\AUS store.

Maybe they got contacts there, or PO box or something, and then they just pay for courier delivery to shipping company\mail and get it to UK :blink:.

6 minutes ago, Dried said:

I got all the previous books...
I entered at 9:59 and it was already sold out.
I'm disgusted.

I'm pretty appalled at this system, this is the first one I've missed out on and will be the last time I bother with any limited edition GW items.

If they had any sense at all they will do a second release with a print on demand setup, perhaps unsigned to at least let those of us with OCD complete the series!

It's a little late now for those in the UK, but as I mentioned a few times, the in-store order points at their retail stores get to ignore the queue.

It does make me glad I decided to skip these, too much trouble for what it's worth. I'll grab the hardback today when orders are live in the US.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

4 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

Same, went down to 6 minutes, now back to over an hour..... Don't know why I'm even bothering as it's sold out but you never know......

Same, mines been jumping between everything from a few mins to over an hour.

I'm at 2 mins at the mo, but not expecting anything.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It's a little late now for those in the UK, but as I mentioned a few times, the in-store order points at their retail stores get to ignore the queue.

It does make me glad I decided to skip these, too much trouble for what it's worth. I'll grab the hardback today when orders are live in the US.

Did see someone who tried that and even that was sold out

3 minutes ago, son of the forest said:

Did see someone who tried that and even that was sold out

It goes live 5 minutes prior, so like in the US on the East Coast, you'd try at 12:55, not 1:00 when preorders are supposed to happen.

It also depends on when stores open. We do have an advantage there that they've been open for a couple hours before preorders are up, with how timezones work with order times here in the States.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

2 minutes ago, DanJester said:

Ugh, I don't even want the ltd ed, just the standard hardcover and this is painful. Wait time inexplicably just keeps going up and up, then a glimmer of hope; down to 6, then back up to 19.

I was going to make a flippant remark about Abnett warning us about the clocks/time being broken but didn’t want to get lynched… I’ve suffered through this abomination of a website myself and know your pain :wallbash:

Joined the queue just before 9:30am and was sold out by the time I got on at 10:30, as for a few other guys here it's the only one of the limited edition books I'm missing.

Can't even bring myself to order the regular HB edition at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, klisof said:

Joined the queue just before 9:30am and was sold out by the time I got on at 10:30, as for a few other guys here it's the only one of the limited edition books I'm missing.

Can't even bring myself to order the regular HB edition at the moment. 

Same, except I've still not got through, and the queue says more than an hour again!

19 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

For days like this though - knowing that is irrelevant. The item becomes available on the webstore at around 09:55, and it’s sold out before the physical store can open its doors at 10:00.

This scenario happened today at my local branch. Doors opened at ten, first person in immediately jumps on their terminal - stock is no longer available. Stood a better chance not being at the store (better, not good, but better).

So my wife went to the store and storemanager was past the queue with book in basket at 10:55. When selecting the store to ship it to it was sold out. So no one stood a chance. 

Edited by Matcap86

7 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

For days like this though - knowing that is irrelevant. The item becomes available on the webstore at around 09:55, and it’s sold out before the physical store can open its doors at 10:00.

This scenario happened today at my local branch. Doors opened at ten, first person in immediately jumps on their terminal - stock is no longer available. Stood a better chance not being at the store (better, not good, but better).

Ah, that makes sense. The US is in four timezones, so our preorders are live at 9:55/10:00 Pacific time, which is 12:55/1:00 Eastern.

So if you're on the East Coast, the store has been open for hours by the time preorders go live.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion