The End and the Death - Volume III

You stood a decent chance of getting limited stuff before if you did the log into account, find page for the preorder via New Zealand site, switch to your country, furiously f5 at 9:54am method.

Now it’s random based on when you get in the queue and if you are lucky.  Ultimate troll from GW switching to the new website just before the last one in the series came out :facepalm: :laugh:

Just now, Robbienw said:

You stood a decent chance of getting limited stuff before if you did the log into account, find page for the preorder via New Zealand site, switch to your country, furiously f5 at 9:54am method.

Now it’s random based on when you get in the queue and if you are lucky.  Ultimate troll from GW switching to the new website just before the last one in the series came out :facepalm: :laugh:

Double trolling by making the 11 piece book series 13 pieces (and keeping mum about it for months) as well. If it was just the End and the Death. I'd have a nicely completed collection done for about half a year now. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It goes live 5 minutes prior, so like in the US on the East Coast, you'd try at 12:55, not 1:00 when preorders are supposed to happen.

It also depends on when stores open. We do have an advantage there that they've been open for a couple hours before preorders are up, with how timezones work with order times here in the States.

It was sold out before 10:56 instore I was second in queue first guy took 30 seconds. It sold that fast.

I managed to get a standard edition hardback after 2 hours in a queue..........

I will now, undoubtedly, drop £300 to a scalper on ebay which I absolutely hate doing but this is the only limited edition Siege of Terra novel I don't have and it's the last one.

Never again though GW, never again. And that's £300 I didn't spend with you, so you may not care that a scalper gets my money, but that's £250 I would have spent on other things at GW potentially. So, you have lost that money.

I am always quick to defend GW but their FOMO policy and terrible system for limited runs has really put me off them, a lot. Actually thinking of rage quitting out of spite. I know I won't, but I absolutely will never get sucked into Limited Edition products again.

16 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

What a joke. Egregious even by GW preorder standards. They should consider doing a made-to-order special edition for this, given it's the last ever HH novel

I was on site and through the queue at 0954 and it was already sold out (Oz site) so there was almost zero chance even if the old site was still in play.

I’m also sceptical that this is the last HH book we will see from GW/BL.  We have already seen several HH eshorts in the Christmas advent sub and they will get published somewhere.  That will be the ultimate troll of us by them.

7 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

I managed to get a standard edition hardback after 2 hours in a queue..........

I will now, undoubtedly, drop £300 to a scalper on ebay which I absolutely hate doing but this is the only limited edition Siege of Terra novel I don't have and it's the last one.

Never again though GW, never again. And that's £300 I didn't spend with you, so you may not care that a scalper gets my money, but that's £250 I would have spent on other things at GW potentially. So, you have lost that money.

I am always quick to defend GW but their FOMO policy and terrible system for limited runs has really put me off them, a lot. Actually thinking of rage quitting out of spite. I know I won't, but I absolutely will never get sucked into Limited Edition products again.

I'll probably end up selling. The collection has become a symbol of frustration and what I dislike about the hobby for me.

Edited by Matcap86

I know it's 'only' a book but I'm just so gutted at not being able to get near this, I haven't been able to pick up even half the SoT books in the series but was lucky to get the first two EatD SE hoping you round off the whole thing with a nice group of limited books.... here's hoping that GW do a made to order run, even if not author-signed.... Just can't bring myself to throw 350 at a scalper who doesn't even have a copy of the book yet and is listing handfuls

Dozens listed already on ebay for between £300-£600. It’s an absolute farce.

Plenty of people wanted the books to read and keep for their collections but this whole resale market just drives unscrupulous greed. Is anyone seriously going to spend upwards of £300 for it??

13 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

Plenty of people wanted the books to read and keep for their collections but this whole resale market just drives unscrupulous greed. Is anyone seriously going to spend upwards of £300 for it??

If I only needed the one book to complete the collection I’d just put all of what I had on EBay before I paid a ridiculous price like that.

22 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

I started selling my collection off last year after missing a few of the LEs (Garro and Echoes of Eternity), and most of those sold in the £400+ range after bidding had finalised. It's silly how much people are willing to spend on these.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I started selling my collection off last year after missing a few of the LEs (Garro and Echoes of Eternity), and most of those sold in the £400+ range after bidding had finalised. It's silly how much people are willing to spend on these.

Might have been the wise action. Can't imagine the collection staying that inflated now that so many people didn't manage to grab the last one. Expect to see a lot of collections up for sale. 

18 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

There are plenty of people who will, guaranteed. Collectors are gunna collect 

It's also worth thinking about, yes 140+ have been sold at scalper prices on eBay, however how many of those orders will actually be fulfilled? The more interesting  number would be how many scalpers are actually getting the product.

I'm not sure someone who's scalping at those prices will cancel an order for something they won't get stock of, a lot of these are new accounts and will probably  try and chance it and hope they aren't forced to refund

It's definitely a hard number to pin down!

Guest Triszin

Keep on mind. Sometimes scalpers "buy" there own product to try to set the price range tone.