The End and the Death - Volume III

10 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Keep on mind. Sometimes scalpers "buy" there own product to try to set the price range tone.

This. I've seen it happen with the old FW Black Books a lot. Those have been dipping a bit lately and all of a sudden there's copies popping up for 400-500 pounds a piece and selling the same day. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Has anybody here even been able to get one?! Sounds like a right old mess up

Me and Nagashsnee, both by pure luck.

Edit: I ordered as a guest because my account is bricked for the moment, maybe this helped me, I'm not sure about anything related to how their website works right now.

Edited by OpossumStrong

One thing is very clear, the queue system does not function.

Now whether that is because the website, which we know to be completely broken and devastated, doesnt work, or because the queue system itself has issues, we cannot really tell. And of course no one should care about the why as we have no influence on it.

We just know that GW has done the worst possible job it could have done. Its failure is complete, and any slivers of respect that may still have existed, have blown away with the wind. GW: The Mega Hype but No Stock company.

And for the record, I am not even trying for an LE. I just want a regular copy. The one that they have listed on Amazon and all the other book sites.

But even that seems impossible, and it was already incredibly hard to get regular copies of the last 2 Siege books as well btw.

Edited by Taliesin

Seems like some combination of the queue system is just horribly broken, or bots have figured out how to skip to the front. I joined the queue at 1.30pm with an estimated 1 minute wait time. Still in the queue now, wait times keep going up and down, but obviously can't be trusted. 

I suspect they found a way to skip past it, if either the web api calls aren't shielded by actually requiring a queue auth token, or there's some other easy way to get one or impersonate a store.

The queue having those times is odd, makes you wonder if they found a way to denial of service it.

I don’t know if I should try and chance it at home or drive to GW and hope the manager lets me squat at his terminal for 15 minutes refreshing. 

I knew this was gonna happen and I’d hoped I’d pull it off. 

1 hour ago, Matcap86 said:

Look at this 

User sent a message complaining about scalpers out and got sent a message back with a screenshot showing dozens of automated purchases. 

Is there anyway to verify this is true before I send it to GW in what would be my second complaint email of today?

3 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

Is there anyway to verify this is true before I send it to GW in what would be my second complaint email of today?

I already sent it in with my second complaint email, verifying be damned :angel:

7 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

It is really weird that the purchasing experience has become so dire, and GW goes “everything is fine nothing to see here, we still made money” .

I would be livid if I was a CEO or board member

Don't think so.

If GW was a normal company that had to worry about scandals and public image then sure.

But as it stands, warhammer fans seem to be a very well-behaved group that complain in our little spheres and never escalate any problem enough to get media attention, which is the only factor that would make image matter. Because we are still buying their product.