The End and the Death - Volume III

3 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Scalper chat room essentially

Hide contents

image.png.b7de5fcf249012b46ce6b7a79f3fc643.png

But... those orders shouldn't be too hard to cancel again right? So are we getting another batch online in like a week time again?

Just now, Matcap86 said:

But... those orders shouldn't be too hard to cancel again right? So are we getting another batch online in like a week time again?

I don't think they would do another attempt after this one. I'm hoping GW are sat there tracking sales, cancelling suspicious orders and reallocating them to the webstore in that region..... In my dreams.... but you can hope.....

1 minute ago, Matcap86 said:

They really shouldn't have announced the availability and just cancelled the orders and notified people via email. The announcement immediately got picked up by all the content creators blasting it far and wide. 

Shoulda slipped them back on the website, and only sent scalpers notifications of their cancelled orders after they'd already been resold.

Just now, Matcap86 said:

My brother isn't even coming through the site as it keeps crashing in store. So I don't know :cuss: is going on with their systems. 

I have to wonder if the bots are not essentially pulling a DDOS on the site. A queue, would imply that you get your key, and you wait in the queue.

Considering they cannot even manage that, their system must be crashing from the bots that are getting through their queue system.

GW is inept. Simple as that.

12 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Looking pretty grim frater

Hide contents

image.png.de9b6fffa7d8679ac0d4813c5e3c13fe.png

GW had to know people would attempt to do this. I wonder if the queue pausing is so they can release the books back to the store once they clear out the scalpers. Going to be a fun day for their web team!

6 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I have to wonder if the bots are not essentially pulling a DDOS on the site. A queue, would imply that you get your key, and you wait in the queue.

Considering they cannot even manage that, their system must be crashing from the bots that are getting through their queue system.

GW is inept. Simple as that.

Is it ineptitude? I mean I don't think GW has ever covered itself in glory when it comes to selling out of in demand product but this feels different to their usual FOMO-overpromise-underproduce tactic, this is a targeted attack by "professional" opportunists for whom GW is just one of many targets they are able to successfully undermine.

Just now, skylerboodie said:

Gotta go out to the shops, my family keep bugging me this evening, saying they want "food". Please save my place in the queue, ta x

probably still paused when you get back mate.

Just now, Halandaar said:

Is it ineptitude? I mean I don't think GW has ever covered itself in glory when it comes to selling out of in demand product but this feels different to their usual FOMO-overpromise-underproduce tactic, this is a targeted attack by "professional" opportunists for whom GW is just one of many targets they are able to successfully undermine.

Yeah, I think it is.

GW profits are pretty high. If the IT profession cannot manage handling some scalpers out for some books, its pretty dark days.

So scalpers are still getting them?

I forgot about the book and went on for other stuff and all I get is:

503 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The Lambda function associated with the CloudFront distribution was throttled. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

What a clown show. :laugh:

Just now, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

I mean a good and well staffed IT department or 3rd party company CAN deal with the bots and scalpers but that would require... having a good and well staffed IT department which with GW I sincerely doubt they have

Indeed. So ineptitude.

Whats GW profits again? High.