The End and the Death - Volume III

6 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Yeah, I think it is.

GW profits are pretty high. If the IT profession cannot manage handling some scalpers out for some books, its pretty dark days.

Respectfully, Nike haven't managed to stop people scalping limited release footwear, and Ticketmaster haven't managed to stop touts on Taylor Swift tickets, and both those companies have a significant amount more resources to spent on preventative measures than GW

7 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

I mean a good and well staffed IT department or 3rd party company CAN deal with the bots and scalpers but that would require... having a good and well staffed IT department which with GW I sincerely doubt they have

Well their IT is "fixing" my problem with the website for over a month now :sweat:, they all probably occupied by it.

2 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Respectfully, Nike haven't managed to stop people scalping limited release footwear, and Ticketmaster haven't managed to stop touts on Taylor Swift tickets, and both those companies have a significant amount more resources to spent on preventative measures than GW

And both would, I imagine, have a far bigger spotlight on them than some BL book.

lol sold out.

Absolute. ABSOLUTE, joke of a system.

1 minute ago, StraightSilver said:

At least I can pee now...... Oh well, at least I know that's the last time I ever do this..... no more limited editions for me.......

What, you don't sit at your desk with a catheter and a bucket like the rest of us?

Guest Triszin

So scalpers got 95% the copies again.

Gw needs to require the queue id code on the back end when checking out, to verify you were in queue

1 minute ago, Triszin said:

Gw needs to require the queue id code on the back end when checking out, to verify you were in queue

I'm surprised that wouldnt be part of the process, but seeing as I didnt get through the queue to see this myself, I guess I shouldnt be surprised at all.

Guest Triszin

Nope, I'm aware of 15 people in my group that didn't get it either. Everyone was refreshing until the queue went live then it paused and sold out

2 minutes ago, Triszin said:

So scalpers got 95% the copies again.

This is actually a good suggestion, one of the best tbh, because all captchas etc not big of a problem today.

Edited by OpossumStrong

If the queue was paused, how could it sell out? 

this attempt was definitely worse than the first time it was put up on the webstore. I was at least able to enter the store… lol

Edited by 307kg

Yeah seems like scalpers are bypassing the queue and ddossing the site. My brother + store manager tried to order for an hour and a half from a store terminal and didn't manage it as the site kept crashing. Probably scalpers bypassing the queue system and then overloading the site. 

The interesting thing to me is that the queue is still paused.  I was on the site buying some HH stuff when the queue came online and  I already have stuff in my basket but now can’t access the site to complete the sale.  So I waited for almost two hours for the queue to come off for no reason.  Money lost GW.  I will be emptying my basket in the morning when I get up. :wallbash: