Big tyranid legs and claws

Dr_Ruminahui

This is an odd request coming from a non-tyranid player - I'm thinking of building a chaos defiler out of an AM Leman Russ tank and the biggest tyranid claws, talons and/or legs that I can get my hands on.  Before trying to source the parts, I'm interested in finding out what the best options are - which is where I am hoping you guys can help.

So, my request is, could you please post here pictures of the biggest tyranid claws, talons and/or legs you have (monstrous creature size or better), preferably next to something (tape measure, non tyranid mini, etc) to use as scale?

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I'm not sure I understand your question, but thank you very much for looking.

Basically, I'm thinking of using 6 or so scything talons and/or actual tyranid legs for the legs of the thing, then maybe two more or some crab like claws for its arms/claws - so that's what I'm looking for.  Not that familiar with the range, but I suspect what I want is in the carnifex kit - but really, that's why I've come to those who would know.

Or if you are aware of a third party that makes appropriate such pieces, that would work too.

Not looking for any guns or anything of that sort.

The arms from an ultrafex model available online. 

Edited by Xenith
linking to stl sharing sites is against forum rules.

Brother Nathan, the tyranoifex looks like a great candidate - looking at the kit, its got a lot of potential in a number of regards.  Would it be possible to measure the legs, the talons and crushing claws and post how long they are (cm or inches is fine)?

Brother Captain Arkley, those look very good too - I'll have to work out their size based on the model measurements, and then see if it is possible to print just those and not the entire model.  In fact, that whole site looks like a great potential source.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

8 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

So, my request is, could you please post here pictures of the biggest tyranid claws, talons and/or legs you have (monstrous creature size or better), preferably next to something (tape measure, non tyranid mini, etc) to use as scale?

Just built one, so measurements for front leg claws and Monstrous Scything Talons from the Tyrannofex/Tervigon Kit which I think are still the biggest ones around until the Norn Emissary comes out:

image.jpeg.70f2247c9e3799a1ade8434643c2aaaf.jpegimage.jpeg.a1a0a3436e841b81a699c6970790f377.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your help.  The legs and claws from the Tyrannofex definitely seem like the best fit, so I'll either see if I can trade for them or pick up the kit - if the I get the kit, I'm thinking of turning the now limbless tyranid into a crazy looted vehicle for my ork playing friend (I don't know if any of you remember the old "looted carnifex" meme, but that's what's behind the idea, just with wheels cause I'm stealing the legs).

I'll come back and show you guys the results of whichever of these projects I manage to complete.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

As promised, I've now finished the build and am back to let you guys see.  I did end up buying a Tyranofex (and giving the left over bits to my ork playing friend) and managed to pick up a few extra of the smaller "side" (on this model, anyway) legs.

You can see the finished conversion here, or scroll back through the thread to see how it developed - those of you who frequent the WIP or chaos forums may have already seen it: 

I'll be painting it for the chaos stronghold as my first pledge for this year's Call to Arms.

Thanks again for the help people gave me here - it was a big help in making this build actually happen and work

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui
Removed photos to make it more on topic for forum