Will the taurox be going away?

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I’ve been looking for a taurox for about a week and a half at local stores now, no luck. Go online to order and it’s out of stock. 

so it seems like either repackaging is happening or both versions of the taurox is going away next edition.

Or it is simply one of the many kits that sporadically go out of the stock and weren’t on the schedule for another production run so it takes a while for it to come back. If it is still out of stock in 9 or so months (the longest I am aware of any item being ‘ temporarily’ out of stock) then maybe that is an indicator something is up.

Also items being repackaged tend to disappear from the GW website entirely rather than showing as temporarily out of stock.    

13 minutes ago, jarms48 said:

I doubt they'll get rid of it. After the Dorn it's still one of our newest additions. Likely it's a stock issue or a repackage. 

I don’t see many people using them.

new or not, if it’s not selling why would they keep sinking money into producing something that isn’t making them money?

On 8/27/2023 at 9:35 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I don’t see many people using them.

I have a couple of primes, and VM wheel kits for two more.  I know characters can take them, but I loathe stormtroopers (and adore kasrkin), so they sit.  

On 8/28/2023 at 12:21 AM, Cpt_Reaper said:

I have 6 Taurox and counting. Every squad of infantry I get, they get a Taurox. I owned a single chimera, and I gave that away to a friend. But I am also weird in that I won't allow Leman Russ in my army. Taurox and Malcadors only.

I'm the opposite.  9 Chimeras, although I currently only field 4.  Many editions ago, I modeled my guard on the U.S. Army, where in exercises (and combat), tank and infantry companies would partner by swapping one of their three platoons.  So I ran 2x4 chimeras with 2 platoon command squads and 6 line squads, plus 2 squadrons of 2 russes, a chimera for the company command squad, and enough points left over for a pair of griffons (heavy battalions had a platoon of four tracked heavy mortars and it wasn't uncommon to temporarily attach a pair of them to a company).  Turned out to be an effective tournament list.  This was in the age of the leafblower, and I suppose that that's more or less what my list was, but I didn't call it that,  Mine was the "parking lot." :laugh:  I took it to Adepticon with a display board that looked like a motor pool with the troops in formation in an adjacent gravel lot.

2 hours ago, Remain_Indoors said:

GW's production can't keep up with demand. I wouldn't read too much into things being out of stock until they sort out their warehouse and factory issues.

I mean they been doing this for like 40 years now. You’d think they’d have this stuff figured out by now.

I’ve been looking for the taurox to come back into stock or show up in a store for roughly a month now.

I’ve never seen anyone actually using tauroxes (aside from myself), here, other social media, or in YT batreps.

occasionally a scion list will have a prime…

So it seems unlikely they’re in such high demand a decently competent company couldn’t get a few hundred up online in a month…but maybe the lack of demand means they simply don’t have to capabilities to make a lot of them quickly…

11 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I mean they been doing this for like 40 years now. You’d think they’d have this stuff figured out by now.

I’ve been looking for the taurox to come back into stock or show up in a store for roughly a month now.

I’ve never seen anyone actually using tauroxes (aside from myself), here, other social media, or in YT batreps.

occasionally a scion list will have a prime…

So it seems unlikely they’re in such high demand a decently competent company couldn’t get a few hundred up online in a month…but maybe the lack of demand means they simply don’t have to capabilities to make a lot of them quickly…

At the moment its a combined issue of not enough warehouse space, a new picking system that's been a complete disaster and the ongoing power issues in Nottingham. The energy infrastructure in the city just isnt sufficient to run their machines at full capacity.
If they only have the machine time to produce say a thousand kits at a time (vast under estimate), they will go for the kits that are in higher demand to maximise sales and reduce the amount of storage space needed. No company wants to sit on piles of stock that isnt selling quickly. 

And Tauroxs arent a big seller, mostly because for the bulk of their existence its been a far better deal to pick up the Militarum Tempestus Start Collecting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...