September Dataslate

Cadian Bandstand

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Can we talk about how there was a reasonable difference between the chimera and taurox when there was a decent difference in points cost, but now the chimera is only 5 points more there doesn’t seem to be much justification for taking a taurox over it.

taurox’s fewer guns do a niche thing better than a chimera’s 2 main weapons, but add in the lasguns and an HKM, and that gap closes even in that niche.

I agree, there is very little reason to take a taurox now.  Although the chimera dropping along with infantry squads does make a nice little savings for armoured fist squads.

Earthshakers are still fine. You get a minor discount to the Basilisk to account for your lowet durability and speed, which no one cares about, because it's all about the gun and debuff. The hit-difference doesn't matter so much, as you'll still get some hits to slow targets down. And it's compensated for by being Regiment, so being way cheaper to give orders to. It's support/suppressive fire, which is what artillery should be.

2 hours ago, sairence said:

Earthshakers are still fine. You get a minor discount to the Basilisk to account for your lowet durability and speed, which no one cares about, because it's all about the gun and debuff. The hit-difference doesn't matter so much, as you'll still get some hits to slow targets down. And it's compensated for by being Regiment, so being way cheaper to give orders to. It's support/suppressive fire, which is what artillery should be.

A basilisk without Take Aim hits the same as an Earthshaker with Take Aim. The basilisk should cost quite a bit more than the earthshaker.

10 hours ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Here I am again bemoaning the lack of changes for the humble Malcador.

• Leman Russ - 180
  • Malcador - 250

Is 70 points really worth an extra 5 wounds and a -1 to AP when the Russ gets re-roll 1's in shooting and full re-rolls when shooting at objective holders?

In short: No.

It's the same situation with the Macharius BT vs. Dorn.
It was already fairly hard descision, but edging ever so slightly in the Dorn's favor.
Now there's even less reason to take the Macharius.

As always, when pts are updated, GW "forgets" that FW is a thing - their own thing. 

2 hours ago, MedicMike0708 said:

I always like the look of earth shaker and Medusa batteries. Now maybe I can pick some up on the cheap?

I feel like meta chasers probably aren't buying proper carriages. I've never seen any legit FW for less than retail on Ebay.

I recommend still considering at least one as a hobby project.
Currently working on some now. They're quite fun to build and paint.
I use these bases for mine. 
https://dragonforge.com/shop/beveledgeround/200-mm-x-155-mm-oval-basedesert-rough-terrainset-one/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, Minsc said:

In short: No.

It's the same situation with the Macharius BT vs. Dorn.
It was already fairly hard descision, but edging ever so slightly in the Dorn's favor.
Now there's even less reason to take the Macharius.

As always, when pts are updated, GW "forgets" that FW is a thing - their own thing. 

This, Macharius should cost the same as a Dorn. Dorn has better weapons, but Macharius is more durable. Malcador should be significantly cheaper about 200-210.

5 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

I dislike resin models and have never brought any FW resin vehicle model in my 40k life, either genuine or recast. :blush:

So why do you care that they were nerfed? lol
Also you dislike resin but have never bought any?

But yeah, I don't care about any of that, I'm just in it for the cool models. 

And Medusa carriages are certified cool.

11 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

So why do you care that they were nerfed? lol
Also you dislike resin but have never bought any?

But yeah, I don't care about any of that, I'm just in it for the cool models. 

And Medusa carriages are certified cool.

Throwing shade like that is pretty crass. People are allowed to have opinions and even if a change doesn’t directly affect a persons’ game choices it can indirectly do so. For instance way back when core rules had template deviation significantly increased it trashed Guard tanks. Currently poor balancing on these groups could be an indicator the design team isn’t actually looking at the Guard vehicle/s and it’s indirect changes. Which is possible and if it is true then things will likely suck until a book comes out or sales absolutely force a change.

We all know how great GW is at ignoring things.