Balance dataslate impact

jimbo1701

My lists dropped something like 185, so there's some good feelings for sure. 

Sword bros, pcs and the named characters feel pretty good to take as melee things, and despite the importance on shooting, there were some notable non eldar factions like custodes and necrons that liked to bully stuff with unfightable melee bricks, and those units just got hit really hard too. On top of that, more blast weapons caught nerfs; points increases, devastating wounds changes, and even just cutting units in half like desos. So a lot more room for larger sized units in general, and a lot more room to compete in the melee sphere.

It's also not only applicable to marines, but after a bit of tweaking, I got a lot more stuff to add pressure up the board and fight over objectives in the form of a BT impulsor, 5 more sword bros, a tannhaussers castellan, and some normal scouts. Some of that is indulgent, but I can rearrange it into being just 5 sword bros in a redeemer to skew harder into heavy tank hulls.

3 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

"So you say you play a horde army, eh?" :D

Also, you can squeeze even more Firstborn in, the OG Crusader Squad is 125 pts IIRC :D

You’re absolutely right. 
I’ve rethought my life and now settled on 120 crusaders, 20 primaris crusaders and 3 characters. 

(I could probably run about half that in seriousness but fully respect anyone who can run something like that)

We were already pushing 45%WR before this massive buff, now the army will very likely be pushing 50%WR imo. Its a massive buff for anyone running Sword Bros and/or PCS, personally my lists have been nothing but Terminators all day and didnt change much but Im glad the idea of 30 Sword Bros is not only fun, fluffy and cool but also very viable. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that Black Tide would be an absolutely viable list in competitive play, 60 Crusaders with 6+++, scout move and then one big block with Grimaldus' advance+charge sounds absolutely amazing.  It truly is a good time to crusade.

On 9/8/2023 at 1:38 PM, SirJyo said:

Firstborn crusaders are super cheap.

I don't think running 120 of them for 1500 is a good strategy. (6x20)

It might be hard for your opponent to achieve decent board control with Uphold. 

I might have to try that