New C:SM Detachments using Blood Angels

Dont-Be-Haten

15 hours ago, Jolemai said:

The Termite datasheet appears to have already been future proofed:

Hopefully this will be in play for the Rhino and Razorback Datasheets (and whatever else requires it).

Oh dear, it's almost like they need a simple keyword for a space marine sized space marine.... (i.e. anything in MK7 or Tacticus and without a jump pack - although I can't see why Phobos needs to be excluded)

Edited by Cleon

Gonna assume there's an errata when the codex officially releases for our special characters and their attached squads. 

I have gotten big value out of Gabriel Seth+Sanguinary Priest in a big Assault Squad blob. Sad to see this won't be possible anymore because the basic Assault Squad is going to be retired. I imagine this will mean that Seth can actually join Company Heroes (in place of a Command Squad) or possibly Bladeguard Veterans, as other Firstborn special characters can in the Space Marine codex. My cope dispenser rationalises it as the original Flesh Tearers, particularly those serving in Seth's honour guard, have the life expectancy of morbidly depressed lemmings dancing on a hilltop and so are replaced by Primaris now. I'd be more surprised if it doesn't happen and similar things added for other characters like the Sanguinary Priest, Jet Pack Chaplain and so on. 

As to whether there's enough value in adding a Sanguinary Priest to a small squad of Company Heroes, I don't know, but I'd do it anyway because I just can't imagine Seth not running around with his Command Squad/Honour Guard as they leap out of a Stormraven or Land Raider. Bladeguard could work as an option as well and I imagine they will be very durable with a 5+++ on top of their 4++, but we will have to wait and see if there's an errata. I can only imagine the Blood Angel codex, distant as it is, will have a Primaris Sanguinary Priest model, alongside Death Company Jump Intercessors and other similar things.

Luckily I have plenty of jet packs left laying around to whack onto my Death Company Intercessors as it is. For now though I intend to continue using the SoS detachment for my dudes as it works just fine and will deal with the nerf to re-rolling to wound. It's a pretty fluffy and workable detachment rule and I honestly wonder what they'll come up with as alternatives in our eventual codex that'd top it.