Magnetised Field Ordnance Batteries?

duz_

I searched and could see anything 

Anyone successfully built these to be inter changeable? 

I picked up a set when replacing my paints and opened the box yesterday to start building. 

Looks like it could be achieved by friction fitting alone? 

They will pop out if you don't glue or magnetize them, unfortunately, though if you're super gently you can probably make it work.  You don't need to magnetize the barrage rockets, they slip in and out with friction just fine (We'll see after paint but their slot is in an area where you wouldn't need paint so it might work fine).

The artillery gun and the lascannon are on a mount that is shared, but don't share anything else; this mount can be changed in and out with just friction nbd, so what I did is drill a hole through both sides of the mount, and then drilled two holes straight into the carriage; holes are perfectly spaced, dropped a small magnet in all 4 holes and sealed it up with glue.  Seems to be working so far, but I also haven't played with it a bunch.

Sure thing!  I've only got the artillery gun available, but you can see how it all works pretty easily from these pics;

Here's the full gun, put together.  Please ignore the mold lines, I know I should've already taken care of them but this was my literal first IG model so I haven't put as much effort as I've put into, say, my Gaunt's Ghosts.

PXL_20230926_203531235.thumb.jpg.9c0823b720fcf595a0143c65007f59f1.jpg

You can see the little magnet just under the bracing arm for the main gun.  In this next photo I've removed the front armor of the FOB, which just sits on the model for now, may add some magnets later but the Rocket armor is different than the Artillery and Lasgun armor, so idk yet.

PXL_20230926_203555241.thumb.jpg.ee7c85033971e3fb33c591fdd1e92d54.jpg

Little easier to see the magnet there.  I literally drilled straight through the gun brace and into the undercarriage so that I KNEW that the magnets wouldn't go anywhere.  I"m hoping paint camoflauges it enough, if not, I'll throw a little green stuff on there to even it out.  The magnets are NOT spaced perfectly on each side, but I don't expect to be switching the guns of the batteries between each other, just amongst their own little complement.  I've got a storage solution already in place to keep like guns together (And I'm thinking of just adding them to the base once I get an idea of what I want to do with the bases of these guys, since the mini itself lends to a very cinematic feel).

PXL_20230926_203605388.thumb.jpg.f94e0ba0bd2c196070ca907576fd2437.jpg

And there's the two inner magnets.  As you can see, slightly off place with each other, I don't know if that helps keep it secure but it feels pretty secure.  These aren't the strongest magnets in the world, but I just shook the model more vigorously than I'd ever shake a Soda Can and it didn't even creek a little.

That center slot fits the Rocket Battery, which I opted to not bother with magnets; it'll rest in there easy enough for any game I might bring them into, and the armor piece is just a slightly different looking compared to the Arty/Lascannon.

Also please excuse the dust LOL  They don't look that dusty irl but holy cow the camera picked it up.

ALso, I just love these models for the extra guys.  Especially this guy;PXL_20230926_204502238.thumb.jpg.ee2a6c36b8393b88cada613ff38a258b.jpg

Edited by DemonGSides

10 hours ago, duz_ said:

I searched and could see anything 

Anyone successfully built these to be inter changeable? 

I picked up a set when replacing my paints and opened the box yesterday to start building. 

Looks like it could be achieved by friction fitting alone? 

Don’t really need magnets. They push fit fairly well.