Trench Crusade - Heretic Trooper

Joe

Bit of an odd one to throw up here; Trench Crusade is Tuomas Pirinen's new game set in an alternate reality real world that diverged during the Crusades, leading to an eternal war between the surviving humans and the forces of hell. They've just posted up a teaser for their Heretic Troopers, which will be in plastic (as one of the core warbands of the game). I know it's another game per say, however these are 100% perfect for use in 30k and 40k as Chaos-aligned Imperialis Auxilia / Traitor Guard.

For those unaware, Tuomas was one of the core designers on the original Mordheim alongside Rick Priestley.

370277698_226662927070222_69876251503081

image.png?ex=651eebb0&is=651d9a30&hm=4a3

++HERETIC TROOPER SCULPT WIP++

Brother Mike here with a quick look at our Heretic Trooper work in progress sculpt. Sculpted by the talented Saint Decent, this multipart kit is going to have all sorts of bits and weaponry.

Theres still lots more to add but we wanted to give you a glimpse of what we got cooking. Saint Decent is really into guns, pouches, and military gear as well as a fantastic sculptor and has been a real joy to work with. Saint had this to say...

"I could talk about my vast commitment to the lore and research and process but thats all boringgg. I'm very happy to be able to work on these guys. I hope they'll speak for themselves.
I can't wait to paint everything up."

Feel free to delete if out of scope, but given we've got the Wargames Atlantic thread this definitely seemed to be somewhat similar territory?

Yes very chaosy indeed! American and German WWII influences are nice to see. Although, as Noserenda said, lets wait and see what the finished product looks like IRL then we can get super excited if it's as good as this looks.... 

M. 

p.s. gosh i remember seeing Tuomas in some old white dwarfs from way back ... 

2 hours ago, Evil Eye said:

I absolutely LOVE that knife. It's like the lovechild of a combat machete and a late-medieval/renaissance polearm.

Combining the worst of both weapons in one compact package. I will take 12 crates for my Cultists please.

22 hours ago, Evil Eye said:

I absolutely LOVE that knife. It's like the lovechild of a combat machete and a late-medieval/renaissance polearm.

Would be better if they had curved the blade the correct way for it to be historically correct. :biggrin: