Eldar 'Second Wave' Rumours

As always video linked below but will put the summary in the post.

Aspects:

• New Swooping Hawks (Linked to KT Apparently)
  • New Fire Dragons
  • New Warp Spiders

Phoenix Lords

• New Asurmen
  • New Baharoth
  • New Fuegan
  • New Warp Spider Phoenix Lord

Spoiler

Enjoy :)

Fingers crossed for this, although it would be weird not to get Karandras as well.

1 minute ago, Karhedron said:

Sounds promising. Would that then be all the Aspect Warriors available in plastic?

It would be all of the Aspects from the Codex, yes.

6 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Sounds promising. Would that then be all the Aspect Warriors available in plastic?

Should be all of them that had GW models bevor. If you include Forge World there would also be Shadow Spectres.

3 minutes ago, RWJP said:

Fingers crossed for this, although it would be weird not to get Karandras as well.

It would be all of the Aspects from the Codex, yes.

Karandras is coming according to the video but not with this wave. Which is sad but completely believable as they would have another single hero model to throw in with future codex releases or campaign books this way

Edited by Matrindur

This is excellent news. Illic and Yriel are missing, but I'd rather have 100% plastic Aspects and Phoenix Lords.

Can't wait to see the Warp spider Phoenix Lord- Anyone know anything lorewise? In many spider species, the females are the powerful ones, and I'm curious about gender. If the new PL was female, Jain Zar wouldn't have to be the Smurfette of the Phoenix Lords anymore.

8 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

This is excellent news. Illic and Yriel are missing, but I'd rather have 100% plastic Aspects and Phoenix Lords.

Can't wait to see the Warp spider Phoenix Lord- Anyone know anything lorewise? In many spider species, the females are the powerful ones, and I'm curious about gender. If the new PL was female, Jain Zar wouldn't have to be the Smurfette of the Phoenix Lords anymore.

There's more lore about the Slicing Orbs of Zandros than there is about a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord. There's no name or even mention that a Phoenix Lord exists for them until now. It's all just speculation at this point.

Till GW releases their own Karandras there is still this fella I guess. Pose is also relatively close to the artwork and cou can build him without the guardsman in his claw. 

Screenshot_20231016_130158.jpg

The mini is from artel W miniatures if anybody wants to know. 

Edited by Rhavien

Eldar finally getting the love they deserve, hopefully the aspects sell well and we can get plastic shadow spectres in the future. The Warp Spiders getting a Phoenix Lord model is interesting, gives hope that the Shining Spears might finally get one in the future as well. What would be the next most needed model updates after the aspects, Vypers and Bonesingers?

Aspect Lords and plastic aspect warriors are going to be a very welcome addition to the range. New, dynamic swooping hawks and Baharroth would be brilliant.

To me it would seem a bit illogical that Karandras gets released last in the Phoenix/Aspect release cycle, but the Striking Scorpions have been released first. Not sure what the rationale behind that would be. I would expect to see a Karandras soon, despite what the rumour says. 

8 minutes ago, Rhavien said:

Till GW releases their own Karandras there is still this fella I guess. Pose is also relatively close to the artwork and cou can build him without the guardsman in his claw. 

Screenshot_20231016_130158.jpg

The mini is from artel W miniatures if anybody wants to know. 

he even has an emotional support Guardsman, how adorable!

3 minutes ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

Eldar finally getting the love they deserve, hopefully the aspects sell well and we can get plastic shadow spectres in the future. The Warp Spiders getting a Phoenix Lord model is interesting, gives hope that the Shining Spears might finally get one in the future as well. What would be the next most needed model updates after the aspects, Vypers and Bonesingers?

Bonesingers have been in Legends for a few years now, I think they're not very likely to get a new model anytime soon.

Outside of the Aspects, the Vyper is a good bet, Yriel and Illic are both still Finecast too so would round off the Finecast due to be replaced

5 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Bonesingers have been in Legends for a few years now, I think they're not very likely to get a new model anytime soon.

Outside of the Aspects, the Vyper is a good bet, Yriel and Illic are both still Finecast too so would round off the Finecast due to be replaced

Bonesingers deserve a model. They are pretty much just an eldar techmarine. I dunno about the Warp Spider Pheonix lord rumour seems to me that's been mongered for decades now.

18 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

If there is going to be a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord it would not at all surprise me if it were stylised as female, but ultimately it's just an armour design choice, right? Potentially every Phoenix Lord can be either male or female because the individuals who founded the Aspect temples are long dead and their roles and armour have since been taken up by Exarchs who could be either; there are after all male Howling Banshees. For all we know the current Fuegan is female and the current Jain Zar is male. I suppose the question is how much the personality of the original Phoenix Lord (and other occupants of the soulstone) influences/dominates the current wearer, and whether an individual is even identifiable or if they are effectively just hive minds in suits of armour.

Anyway that was probably over detailed and/or headcanony when probably the main consideration for most people will be "but will the armour have boobs?"

47 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I could see a new war walker at some point as well.

The Wave Serpent and all its variants could certainly use an update as well, but I don't think we're quite there yet with old transports/vehicles being redone.

1 hour ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

New Warp Spiders

That's how you know this is fake. Everyone knows damn well it'll be 2033 and GW will still be using the 1993 sculpts.

Edited by Lord Marshal

1 hour ago, ThePenitentOne said:

rumoured to be the wraith spider Lhykosidae a mysterious warrior who appears when needed and is rumoured to by pheonix of the warp spiders. 

3 hours ago, StratoKhan said:

Aspect Lords and plastic aspect warriors are going to be a very welcome addition to the range. New, dynamic swooping hawks and Baharroth would be brilliant.

To me it would seem a bit illogical that Karandras gets released last in the Phoenix/Aspect release cycle, but the Striking Scorpions have been released first. Not sure what the rationale behind that would be. I would expect to see a Karandras soon, despite what the rumour says. 

he even has an emotional support Guardsman, how adorable!

Best way to approach it is not expect any kind of rationale from games workshop. I can easily see Karandras in a Farsight/Arzel/Dante/Vashtorr situation.