Legions Imperialis - Dreadnought and Shield Generator Drop Pods

1 hour ago, Burni said:

Oh nice. Wasn't expecting to see these ahead of other things. Doesn't explicitly say but the text reads like they're plastic - was genuinely expecting these to be resin.

I like the shield option idea also. I wonder if that'll make its way to the HH version if they eventually do a plastic kit.

Honestly, I just hope for a preview at the 1st of January: "Remember all the stuff you saw for LI? Yeah all that is coming to plastic this year to 32mm Heresy". Just get it done with and let the Warcom team take a holiday or something.

Yeah the option is Epic previews or nothing, we probably wont see the Winter releases for AoD until November at the earliest as they tend to come out in the middle of the quarter and SG is very focused on Epic and Old World right now.

Might get some random Resin characters pop up i guess? But probably after Fulgrim gets his release? 

Edited by Noserenda

16 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

What is annoying me is that there is no SA article or reveal for ages. Zero, nada. Only astartes. The SA range is really poor compared to SM.

I agree, it's clear that the ambiguous "second wave" of releases we're seeing now is almost entirely marine focused (or even completely, if the Auxilia artillery were meant for the first wave). However, as much as I like to go through life as an optimist, expecting anything other than marines dominating the game systems that they show up in is going to lead to disappointment.

I think it's still worth remembering that LI will still provide an entire fleshed out second faction at launch, fully in plastic, mostly 'feature complete.' That's more than can be said for its 28mm equivalent. I don't think anyone would have been particularly surprised if LI was exclusively Astartes at launch.

1 hour ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Maybe they don't want to spoil the 28mm range?

Since we already got the new Sentinels I wouldn't be surprised if we get more new SA models for LI which in turn will show up in HH if the mystery army is SA.

It would make sense if those came later not to spoil the 28mm versions too soon. The Sentinel is the exception as it is in the starter box.

But SA still has quite a few kits left that already exists in 28mm, in particular the Dracosan and Aurox which are the SA Transports. Right now they only have the Arvus and that is only a resin model dating back to aeronautica. So they have stuff left they could show and I really hope at least the Dracosan and Aurox are coming soon.

2 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Maybe they don't want to spoil the 28mm range?

There's still a fair few existing 28mm SA kits they could reveal, both infantry and vehicle, so I doubt it's that.

I just put it down to them wanting the biggest seller (Marines) taking up the mainstay of the initial sales-hype. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

For SA, we need to see ASAP:

- Dracosan,  Aurox , and arvus : trans port is a must have in this game confirmed by the WD battle rep.

- also, speed seems important: SA is lacking cavalry, light(normal?) walker and such...

And whatever they want to add to give more list building options.