New Noise Marine Kit: What Would You Like To See?

LSM

6 minutes ago, spiros14 said:

Wow, those are amazing, are those 3d printed bits?

Thanks a lot! Yup, I'm in the process of making a Noise Marine Kill Team, and I searched everywhere on the net for cool looking Noise Marine bits. I couldn't find any that weren't either comical or just sort of ... bad. So I took a deep breath, installed Blender (3d sculpting software) on my computer, and sat down and learned it through in the evenings over the course of 2-3 weeks, and built some parts in the process. 

I hope it's okay if I post it, but if anyone is interested, the STL files can be bought here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/sonic-marine-parts

What others have already said:

Take inspiration from the 3.5 CSM book art. That marine also featured a bared midriff a nice way to change things up. In essence the best way would be to blend Hellraiser aesthetics with power armour although GW will be afraid to frighten a wider audience away with such designs in 2024. 

Since the original posting of this thread, I've been shown one of Jes Goodwin's original sketches for a Noise Marine, and if has become my new pinnacle of design in many respects. I love the huge speaker systems mounted on the backpack, and all the pipes and tubes running to the helmet. (Though "TEMPLATE (HEAVY FLAMER) VOICE AMPLIFIER/SCREAMER" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Doom Siren" ;p.) Also: remember your Hand Weapons (to occupy hands).

EC_JG_Art_02.thumb.jpg.eb3181fcf5a506a9ffdabd540be8a126.jpg

Interestingly, that sketch seemed to go on to inspire the one other great Adrian Smith piece with Noise Marines (specifically using the same Sonic Blaster), as well as the one helmet shown off in the Emperor's Children's Index Astartes article (with the enlarged vox grill).

EC_AS_Art.thumb.jpg.81e315ecccb279b4feb13efc81c1b708.jpg

EC_IA_Art_01.thumb.jpg.243d3fac93b6666acf5bc75701a4849f.jpg