Question about new Termagants

Tyriks

Morning all. I have a bunch of the new Termagants to build. I haven't started on them yet. I've seen a bunch of comments that it's very difficult to paint them with the guns attached and that it's better to leave them off.

My question is: are the gun bits (from the Leviathan kit, not the full multipart kit) specific to individual bodies, or can you use any gun on any body? I want to leave them off, but I know from experience at least some will get mixed up if they need to match.

Any info appreciated!

Thank you! I might just build two or three bodies and see if one gun fits all three or not, that's maybe the easiest way to tell ( unless someone else has already tried).

There might be a couple of gun positions that don't fit on every body, however you'll probably find these quickly when assembling after painting! I'd think they should be ok to paint separately, my only concern being that the push fit plugs are very narrow and paint makes the pegs too thick, so you might have to drill the holes bigger, mask the pegs, or just clip them off when it comes to painting. 

9 minutes ago, Xenith said:

or just clip them off when it comes to painting. 

I've taken to doing this as a matter of course. Push fit is cute and all, but if you're painting in assemblies it's not worth the hassle. Dry-fit the arms till you're sure which set will work for the model, then glue. 

2 hours ago, Wormwoods said:

I've taken to doing this as a matter of course. Push fit is cute and all, but if you're painting in assemblies it's not worth the hassle. Dry-fit the arms till you're sure which set will work for the model, then glue. 

I usually do that too (Necron Warriors from 9th were horrible if you left the pegs so I just do it reflexively a lot of the time).