Legions Imperialis Stormhammer

Boom, boom, shake the room.

oONDetvMITtber1S.jpg

bMdC1WLe8CLOwDb3.jpg

Keeping it vague about what we'll see next week. I'd guess LI again though.

Come back next week for another edition of Heresy Thursday, as we approach the release of Warhammer: The Horus Heresy – Legions Imperialis and uncover more lost technology from the Age of Darkness.

Edited by Lord Marshal

28.09.2023      - Legion Drop Pods Box
05.10.2023      - Legion Fast Attack Box
12.10.2023      - Legion Spartan Box
19.10.2023      - Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod Box
26.10.2023      - Land Raider Proteus Explorator Box
02.11.2023      - Solar Auxilia Stormhammer
09.11.2023      - TBD

In case anyone was wondering what Heresy Thursday has looked like recently.

The fact they only showed 1 on the image and that they didn't say plastic in the article makes me think this might be resin? I hope not but they also didn't drill out the barrel as much as on the baneblade, maybe because the resin would break if it gets too thin?

Edited by Matrindur

Looks great, gimme game.

20 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The fact they only showed 1 on the image and that they didn't say plastic in the article makes me think this might be resin? I hope not but they also didn't drill out the barrel as much as on the baneblade, maybe because the resin would break if it gets too thin?

Hard to say as most of the preproduction stuff is 3d printed or resin casts. The predators also had droopy barrels and I can't imagine them being resin on release.

Edited by matcap86

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Went back and had a look at some of the previous articles - the Spartan, Land Raider and Bikes / Speeders are all specifically mentioned in the article as being plastic. The Drop Pods don't mention whether they're plastic or resin in the article. I'd be with you that the omission of material would be an indicator of it being resin, but I have it in my heads the Drop Pods would be plastic...

I tried to look closely at the Stormhammer model to see if there were any clues, but the paint-job makes it very difficult to see anything.

18 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Went back and had a look at some of the previous articles - the Spartan, Land Raider and Bikes / Speeders are all specifically mentioned in the article as being plastic. The Drop Pods don't mention whether they're plastic or resin in the article. I'd be with you that the omission of material would be an indicator of it being resin, but I have it in my heads the Drop Pods would be plastic...

I tried to look closely at the Stormhammer model to see if there were any clues, but the paint-job makes it very difficult to see anything.

The droppod article might not say they are plastic but they do talk about a Legiones Astartes Drop Pods box and as far as I know they only really talk about "boxes" when its a freely released plastic model. Resin models normally aren't available in stores, webstore only and as such don't talk about "boxes"

6 minutes ago, System Sound said:

I want off this crazy LI Thursday ride...

This time they didn't specifically say it would be an LI article like the last four times which makes me think it will be HH next week

Edited by Matrindur

I must confess that with the core of the game being plastic, I'm happy enough for exceptional units to be resin, as they're my special stuff anyway.

I like the idea of several large and dangerous special stuff being in the army. Sure, I got Legio Praesagius alongside my Ultramarines, but it's cool to have the option for centrepieces to be Legion/Solar Auxilia too.

Edited by Captain Idaho