Warhammer TV Media Player Woes

Grotsmasha

So I've finally found the time to sit and watch Pariah Nexas, about ~70mins of content over the 3 Episodes, and due to the jank that is their media player, it took well over an extra 30mins. The largest problem by far is, when it pauses and "buffers", lets say it hangs for 1:10, when the video resumes, it resumes the 1:10 from where it started buffering....meaning I have to specifically look at the time stamp EVERY DAMN TIME so I don't actually miss any of the episode. The next problem is, it will "buffer" in the exact same spot multiple times, sometimes it will never get past it and I'll have to manually select a point further in the video just so it'll keep playing.

Any one else having these issues?

Edited by Grotsmasha

Without wanting to sound patronising - have you tried basic trouble shooting?

Have you tried the same device using a different internet connection (ie tethering from your phone rather than your home broadband)?

Have you tried using a different device but with the same connection?

Finally, different device, different connection?

Apologies if you have tried the above and it’s making no difference - I’m not trying to insult your intelligence.

I hadn't had any issues with buffering, but with subtitles and my screen going into standby while the shows were running. I don't have an active sub atm, so I don't know if anything improved within the last months, but it was a huge annoyance. Subtitles kept disappearing after a while, which also seemed to correspond with a standby issue, because they were coming back after I moved the mouse or clicked something on the remote. Also my TV screen kept getting black as the player seems to send no activity signal or however this works with other players. Also tried to use the app on the phone and project it to the smart TV, but the video freezed and I only had audio. Guess it has something to do with encryption and pirating protection. 

Finally I found it irritating that subtitles were obviously meant for hearing impaired ppl as you get all the *chanting in the distance* *slow dreadful music playing* messages as well. 

I enjoyed most of the shows, but the videoplayer is not a good experience.

I know this has nothing to do with Grotsmashers problem per se, but I felt the urge to vent a bit, too... 

About 90% of the time it works fine whether I'm watching on laptop or smartphone. However it is far from flawless and GW really need to give their IT department a quick up the backside. Given how the new webstore is a colossal step back though I can't say I'm surprised GW has these issues. I hope it works better for you in the future mate.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:42 AM, Grotsmasha said:

So I've finally found the time to sit and watch Pariah Nexas, about ~70mins of content over the 3 Episodes, and due to the jank that is their media player, it took well over an extra 30mins. The largest problem by far is, when it pauses and "buffers", lets say it hangs for 1:10, when the video resumes, it resumes the 1:10 from where it started buffering....meaning I have to specifically look at the time stamp EVERY DAMN TIME so I don't actually miss any of the episode. The next problem is, it will "buffer" in the exact same spot multiple times, sometimes it will never get past it and I'll have to manually select a point further in the video just so it'll keep playing.

Any one else having these issues?

Australian internet man. I just boot up a vid to buffer, wander off to make tea and get snacks. By the time I come back, it's buffered enough to watch continuously. Same with downloads, put it on before I go to bed/ before I leave for work. Just Australian things. :teehee:

I've had it happen a couple of times, pausing or wanting to skip back and rewatch something seems to bring it on, if I just watch something in one stretch it works fine, I've had it fully crash and die when trying to get a screenshot though!

Australian here. Our internet isn't famous for being good in general, but I experienced the same thing in my recent re-subscription and share the original poster's frustrations. My main frustration was that it couldn't decide what resolution it wanted to play at nor could I set it manually to a specific resolution. It was odd considering it didn't happen last time I subscribed for a month (at the start of the year) and I have no issues watching other websites like YouTube or Netflix at 1080p (even with the amazing FTTN 50 / 20 speeds).

I went through the standard troubleshooting: I made sure there was no other devices downloading to strain the bandwidth, lowered my web browser's inbuilt tracking shields, switched web browsers, reset the router and then finally tried watching outside of peak hours.

In the end it's GW's problem, not mine and I unsubscribed.

• 8 months later...

I get what you're going through with the Warhammer TV media player. It can be super frustrating when stuff doesn't work right, especially when you're all set to dive into your favorite shows. I've had similar issues with different streaming platforms in the past. One site I found helpful is https://onlinetvcast.com/guides/espn-uk . They offer a variety of streaming options and might have a player that's more reliable for you.When troubleshooting, it's also good to check if there are any updates available for your current player or if there are settings you can adjust to improve performance. Sometimes clearing the cache or restarting your device can do wonders, too. If you're still having trouble, reaching out to their customer support could be worth a shot.Hopefully, you'll find a solution that works smoothly soon so you can get back to enjoying your Warhammer shows hassle-free.

Edited by GavenIbarra