Dorn Maths

Emperor Ming

3 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

In 10th becoming a commander vechicle would mean cannot receive order (other than from Leontus), and doesn't improve BS. Need some good extra abilities(like revenge fire on current Russ commander) to be useful.  

This assumes a tank commander dorn is just copy paste + character keyword but I don't think that'd be the case, considering it isn't the case with current TC.

3 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

In 10th becoming a commander vechicle would mean cannot receive order (other than from Leontus), and doesn't improve BS. Need some good extra abilities(like revenge fire on current Russ commander) to be useful.  

It's not always about wanting more, sometimes it's just nice to have the option.

5 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

That is not what it means in 10th we don’t know what it means in 10th since we don’t have a 10th Ed codex yet

This only talks about Offense per Point.  Since all Russes have the same defensive profile the cheaper the Russ the better the Defense per Point.  

I've been running an Eradicator for a long time now and loving it.  Last game I had points and switched it back to a Demolisher.  I don't think it's worth 40 more points for a mere cannon upgrade (same special rule).  The cost means I have to hide it and the 24" range means missing out on a turn of shooting sometimes.