Thoughts about the core rules

21 hours ago, vadersson said:

Why overwatch is not just for first fire I will never understand.  That alone would help so many things.  And if they keep the larger unit discounts in, it helps with activations.  Oh well.  Maybe someday we will get an FAQ and updates.

It's that and the fact that most weapons/units have no difference in accuracy or output or range of their weapons whether or not they move, so ff does have a few weapon special rules that it buffs but in a lot of cases no units have them yet, arcus for example is the first time we're seeing a weapon get ripple fire, which is basically re-roll 1's to hit on first fire. 

18 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

We always play that rule.

Definitely thinking about removing the 3x movement for infantry and getting some rivers etc.

Despite getting a copy of E:A we're going to stick with LI, we don't have a pick up game environment so house rules are easy to keep consistent. 

Rivers are great, but gotta have bridges or areas units can ford. 

Absolutely, key points are awesome for tactical reasons too.

I was also thinking of cutting up a lava type terrain mat into strips and some irregular blobs.

That can create the same effect as a river with bridges in a different way. 

19 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Absolutely, key points are awesome for tactical reasons too.

I was also thinking of cutting up a lava type terrain mat into strips and some irregular blobs.

That can create the same effect as a river with bridges in a different way. 

Could make a lava river like impassable to all but knights and titans 

Yeah, I was discussing that exact same thing with my boy on the way to dropping him at school today.

Or possibly something like every model takes 1 wound each round they're in it or cross it. Same effect but with consequences. 

16 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Yeah, I was discussing that exact same thing with my boy on the way to dropping him at school today.

Or possibly something like every model takes 1 wound each round they're in it or cross it. Same effect but with consequences. 

One thing to consider is what fleeing units do, if its classed as impassable to them they'll head towards the nearest bridge/crossing but if its dangerous/difficult they go through it so if it auto wounded a lot of infantry would be self immolating. It tends to happen anyway with dangerous if the area is big enough.