New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

How was postage worked out on that newstand website? I'd wrote off getting this magazine (especially with my original desire to go premium) but £6 an issue makes it more tempting.

How was postage worked out on that newstand website? I'd wrote off getting this magazine (especially with my original desire to go premium) but £6 an issue makes it more tempting.

P+P is included for UK orders. Not sure about international but if you make a dummy order for your country you should be able to see what it would be.

Edit: change the location on the page for prices. Looks like US postage is included too. 

Screenshot_2024-08-20-10-31-37-15_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

Edited by Craig

Postage is included in the UK; don’t know about anywhere else…

That newsstand is only 52 issues not 90?, 

are you able to get the premium kits? I guess not

You can only order a max of 52 weeks’ worth, but I am assuming you will be able to order the rest once it gets near to the end of the first year, just sub again starting with issue 53. You can order any number of issues from 1-52 and start from whichever you want. I’ve ordered the first 8 but after that will be doing it a month at a time.

No, it’s like a basic level of subscription; you just get the magazines with their included models, and no other gifts. They don’t offer the premium sub.

Technically you are paying over the odds for issues 1 (cover price is £2.99, newstand 6ish) but yeah those prices are correct. A sub for 4 weeks is just over £24 versus the £48 for subscribing premium. If the combat patrols are complete within 10 issues (give or take) then that's £60 a CP box (with extras!) Which is astounding value really.

Am I missing something something or have Newstand jumped their prices up to over £12 an issue suddenly? Wonder if they'd set the opening issue price as the £6 odd including p&p and then copied that for all of them; and have now realised that was an error and corrected it.

Screenshot2024-08-21at09_29_24.thumb.png.8097d9891ad3b45630da24a46193aba2.png

You're absolutely right it has, it now says £13.16 for part 6 (odd that parts 2-5 aren't listed) which means that we can calculate the price of postage at £3.17 per issue.

Wonder what this means for people who have paid for the old price? Will that be honoured still despite the company losing out up to 50% revenue? Or will those subs be cancelled?

You're absolutely right it has, it now says £13.16 for part 6 (odd that parts 2-5 aren't listed) which means that we can calculate the price of postage at £3.17 per issue.

Wonder what this means for people who have paid for the old price? Will that be honoured still despite the company losing out up to 50% revenue? Or will those subs be cancelled?

They're taking the glitch route so wouldn't suprise me if they take a look at existing orders at the original price. Shame as I was getting excited about that rare thing in Warhammer: a bargain! I don't see what benefit you're getting over subscribing direct with Hachette now at this price. Screenshot_20240821-144734.thumb.png.20e6063dcdaf125d2773a7b807b51a17.png

Daaaaaaamn. Well I’ve already ordered the first 8 issues and paid up front so fingers crossed they honour it. If they don’t then  I too will cancel as I never wanted to pay the full price in the first place.

Very disappointing tbh as I was more excited about the later issues. I might even cancel what I’ve already ordered and just sack off the whole thing. Will have to have a think about it. Knowing the issue contents for 7 and 8 would help too as I’d know if they are worth having.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

Is there a confirmed date for issue 1 to be in physical shops? I thought it might be today but my local WHSmith has none. Not sure if I'm looking too soon. Or if they've all been snapped up already.

(Forbidden Planet has a release date of 28th August, and with Stormbringer, physical shops generally had them the week before forbidden planet's date)

Is there a confirmed date for issue 1 to be in physical shops? I thought it might be today but my local WHSmith has none. Not sure if I'm looking too soon. Or if they've all been snapped up already.

(Forbidden Planet has a release date of 28th August, and with Stormbringer, physical shops generally had them the week before forbidden planet's date)

The 28th is the official street date as far as I can see. 

I subscribed for 52 issues for £307.43; not heard anything yet but will update if I do. I suspect they'll try and increase the cost, although it's already been paid up-front. If they do, I'll cancel the whole thing. Hopefully they honour it!

Same, also I asked them about the 90 issues, and they replied with:

We have no idea bout that

Not exactly reassuring:facepalm:

Not yet but there are plenty on eBay for double the price already :facepalm:

Newsstand are honouring my sub for the first 8 issues at £6 each but after that it would be full price. I asked to cancel and get a refund but they were going to charge a 20% admin fee for cancelling so I just decided to leave it.

Looks like NewsStand will be honouring the 52 issues for 307, which is their mistake I guess:ermm:

Don't think il pay full price for the remaining 38 issues when they come around. 

That will prob leave me with a random pile of stuff:ermm: