New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

Looks like NewsStand will be honouring the 52 issues for 307, which is their mistake I guess:ermm:

Don't think il pay full price for the remaining 38 issues when they come around. 

That will prob leave me with a random pile of stuff:ermm:

That’s pretty awesome though!

I think they are likely to run two Combat Patrols at a time. If you look at when the premium rewards are issued, the brutalis and hive tyrant are around issue 15, for example, so my guess is they will be getting close to wrapping up marines and tyranids by then. It might be that you get like 6/9 full CPs or something, but I don’t think they’ll be flitting through different ones. of course I could be totally wrong

I think they are likely to run two Combat Patrols at a time. If you look at when the premium rewards are issued, the brutalis and hive tyrant are around issue 15, for example, so my guess is they will be getting close to wrapping up marines and tyranids by then. It might be that you get like 6/9 full CPs or something, but I don’t think they’ll be flitting through different ones. of course I could be totally wrong

IIRC, they said by issue 20 you would have your first full Combat Patrol, so I suspect it will actually three (I think this was based on dividing the issues buy number of Combat Patrols). 

Is it possible to sign up for specific fations? or are they going to keep alternating between different factions? I'd love to do just the CSM and WE bits

I think your best bet it to find someone local who is subscribing, as subscribers can order additional issues, and have them order specific issues for you.

Doesn't look like Forbidden Planet have received/processed their stock yet. My order for issue 1 says awaiting stock. Could have sworn with Imperium I got all pre-ordered issues from them delivered the day of release.

9 combat patrols, so between 90 issues thats, one per ten issues maybe?

So I might get 5ish combat patrols, might just claw back the £307:P

Whatever you end up with you’ll have way more than £307 worth of stuff. Remember there’s a combat patrol plus one bonus unit for each faction, plus paints and brushes. That £6 deal was nuts. Sell the stuff you don’t want, if there is any, and it’s even better.

Doesn't look like Forbidden Planet have received/processed their stock yet. My order for issue 1 says awaiting stock. Could have sworn with Imperium I got all pre-ordered issues from them delivered the day of release.

When I ordered individual issues of Stormbringer from forbidden planet they usually sent them out to arrive the week after that issue appeared in physical shops.

Not sure how it worked with a subscription though. 

I think your best bet it to find someone local who is subscribing, as subscribers can order additional issues, and have them order specific issues for you.

I really need to find out how to do this, cause i couldn't during the Imperium run. Like to get another set of leapers and terminators.

Find out how to do this for the US run that is.

Not yet but there are plenty on eBay for double the price already :facepalm:

Newsstand are honouring my sub for the first 8 issues at £6 each but after that it would be full price. I asked to cancel and get a refund but they were going to charge a 20% admin fee for cancelling so I just decided to leave it.

@TheArtilleryman

What did you sign up for originally, the full 52 issue offer? Not sure they can just change the price or charge the 20% cancellation charge when the mistake was theirs.

Looks like NewsStand will be honouring the 52 issues for 307, which is their mistake I guess:ermm:

@Emperor Ming

Have you heard from them at all about it? I signed up for 52 issues but not heard anything, all I can see on my online account on their website is that it indicates the first issue has been dispatched. I'm hopeful they honour it, but @TheArtilleryman's comment above makes me fear otherwise.

Edited by skylerboodie
clarifying those quoted, as names still not showing

@skylerboodie I signed up and paid for the first 8 issues only at the original price, with the intention of ordering another 4-5 issues manually each month after that. They are honouring the original 8 that I’ve already paid for at the cheap price but because I didn’t sign up for more at the start I have to pay the full whack if I want to buy any later ones.

I've put a subscription in with Hachette. £2.99 for the first issue and the second issue free? I'll take that - I need some more VR Leapers anyway so that's a bargain. I'll see how the subsequent issues go but will probably cancel in a month or so depending on which armies come up after the inevitable marines and nids. The..."pile of opportunity" is large enough as it is.

See i was on the fence about bothering with the first issue (issue 2 is a different story). I think in the first 6 issues I only want 2 of then. Was tempted to sub with Hachett for the free glue and clippers set but it doesn't look like the glue comes with it anymore?

@Emperor Ming

Have you heard from them at all about it? I signed up for 52 issues but not heard anything, all I can see on my online account on their website is that it indicates the first issue has been dispatched. I'm hopeful they honour it, but @TheArtilleryman's comment above makes me fear otherwise.

Same as you atm, says dispatched, technically they have broken their website promise, as they say before 3pm on day of release:ermm:

See i was on the fence about bothering with the first issue (issue 2 is a different story). I think in the first 6 issues I only want 2 of then. Was tempted to sub with Hachett for the free glue and clippers set but it doesn't look like the glue comes with it anymore?

That’s interesting; it must have changed. It was in the original deal. A bit daft really as you can’t do anything without glue :facepalm:

See this was my gripe. We were way more excited about collecting the later factions. A bit gutted that we won’t be but forty-fifty quid a month is a hefty bill to pay in the current climate so unfortunately will have to pass on going any further.

That’s interesting; it must have changed. It was in the original deal. A bit daft really as you can’t do anything without glue :facepalm:

The picture only shows clippers and the mould line remover...which I'm not sure where mine actually is...or my sons...

But yeah its extremely daft as stuff like the Parasite isn't push fit. Can't remember if the chaplain on bike is as well.

See this was my gripe. We were way more excited about collecting the later factions. A bit gutted that we won’t be but forty-fifty quid a month is a hefty bill to pay in the current climate so unfortunately will have to pass on going any further.

This is why I decided against a sub sadly, it was an awful lot to spend when I didn't really want (never say no to painting stuff but storage is an issue!).

I've put a subscription in with Hachette. £2.99 for the first issue and the second issue free? I'll take that - I need some more VR Leapers anyway so that's a bargain. I'll see how the subsequent issues go but will probably cancel in a month or so depending on which armies come up after the inevitable marines and nids. The..."pile of opportunity" is large enough as it is.

Looking at premium deliveries I suspect Eldar and Chaos (maybe WE but probably CSM) will be the next two. 

I tried getting a copy of the 1st issue today but no luck, which was frustrating.

Went to two different large Tesco's and the Mrs tried a WHSmith and a CoOp.

When the two previous 40k partwroks were released there were loads of the first issues about all over the place. Not sure if they have cut the amount down that are going into shops or if it was just greedy/selfish people buying up multiple issues in the places I went.

Tried FP Shaftsbury Avenue at lunch and no copies that I could see on the shelves. Might be they are processing stock still/dealing with orders first before they decide what they can put out to stores. For other subscriptions they did seem to get additional waves of the first few issues later on.