New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

looks like most branches of WHsmiths only got 4 or 5 copies.

damn, when mortal realms came out they had a massive display in mine and must have had 50+ copies. wonder if GW didn't want as many out there, but its also such a cheap and fantastic way to get someone potentially into the hobby.

WH Smith and Asda round here always seem to run out by the time I get there. 

Forbidden Planet have issues 6 & 7 ready for pre-order. Issue 6 is five Barbagaunts, but 7 doesn't say yet. 

Also, are we going to get the first post updated with the issue contents like we had with Imperium? 

Waiting for mine to drop on the doormat from Newsstand. Anyone else got theirs from them yet?

I was just about to ask^^

No nothing, I've sent them a message:verymad:

To get to the customer for the 28th, they should have been posted on Tuesday :ermm:

I was just about to ask^^

No nothing, I've sent them a message:verymad:

To get to the customer for the 28th, they should have been posted on Tuesday :ermm:

It says on the original order estimated dispatch 29 August, which is today. I was sort of hoping they really meant delivery but I guess they must have meant what they actually said ...

Thinking about it, not including the extra chaplain on bike, there's only two more issues needed to complete the combat patrol after issue 3. So only 4 issues total for the SM one. Quite crazy then that in comparison, the tyranid one will probably be another 4 issues (after issue 2) I'm wondering then if they'll begin the next two combat patrols around issue 16ish.

Thinking about it, not including the extra chaplain on bike, there's only two more issues needed to complete the combat patrol after issue 3. So only 4 issues total for the SM one. Quite crazy then that in comparison, the tyranid one will probably be another 4 issues (after issue 2) I'm wondering then if they'll begin the next two combat patrols around issue 16ish.

That’s because the space marine combat patrol sucks. It’s by far the worst of all the available boxes and the fact they can try and charge £100 for it is bonkers.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

That’s because the space marine combat patrol sucks. It’s by far the worst of all the available boxes and the fact they can try and charge £100 for it is bonkers.

I blame them for shoehorning the Leviathan contents into combat patrols which I don't think they were initially designed to do (unlike with AoS spearhead where it seems the contents of Skaventide work a whole lot better, as if the game mode was more of a consideration).

Plus, with a bit of distance, Leviathan just wasnt so interesting, like, i jumped at the chance to get starter minis in a partwork the last few times, but i have near zero interest in this lot until some different armies combat patrols start dropping.

Oh the Leviathan box was great, but they just made a mistake putting those models in the Combat Patrol as well. I mean who would buy it when the starter set has nearly all the marines and tyranids from both, for only £60ish?

The model choices in this magazine are ok, but they are definitely spinning out the first few issues and leaving better stuff till later.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

First class they said

Remember that Royal Mail "next day delivery" is now a product name, and not a guarantee. Their "tracked 48" product has an estimated delivery time of 9 days, so I'd assume their "24 hour" product line will be 4-5 days expectancy </privatisation>. 

Arrived today from NewsStand, 

So when they said first class, its actually rm48, which im sure is 2nd:laugh:

But if they post them all out as singles, its gonna cost them a fortune in post:ermm:

Oh it will, especially if they're honouring their mistake as its costing them £3ish for postage every time.

My wife seemingly grabbed the last copy in Southampton for me, much to some randos disgust, (Seriously not cool to assume someone isnt a real hobbyist based on gender and harass them about it) and thats with WHSmith limiting it to one copy per person and hiding it behind the till! Bit weird how limited it seems to be when the previous partworks were heaped up in the shops.

I managed to get a copy from my local Morrison's supermarket which I was happy about. 

I'm hoping they continue to carry it until the psychophage is on there. I particularly want one of them to use as a nid titan 

I was at my local Morrisons this morning and completely forgot to look :facepalm: 

I just want the Terminator squad issue now. Hopefully Fauxhammer start updating their issue list soon so we have an idea what's coming each week like they did with Imperium and Conquest.

I wouldn't be so sure. I expect the Terminators to be spread across two issues. I was putting some together today and they are spread across two sprues