New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

Deathwatch captain?

In terminator armour?

With a thunder hammer? 

I did not think any of those were an option anymore:ermm:

In a world where there's one optimal choice for all unit entries, and these are all the same points, we can assume the unit has the optimal choice and therefore it doesn't matter what the model physically looks like. Welcome to 10th. 

All part works are the same, there's a bigger window to get the first issue, and then hopefully, subscribe. From the looks of things, either the magazine never made it to shelves at all, or there's a lot of ravenous 40k fans near me who gobbled up every first issue.

It's reliably been in both Tesco and WHSmith near me since inception, and up to issue 80 something of the AoS one. Probably people getting there before you, or going on lunch break when they get put on the shelf on Thursday mornings. 

It's reliably been in both Tesco and WHSmith near me since inception, and up to issue 80 something of the AoS one. Probably people getting there before you, or going on lunch break when they get put on the shelf on Thursday mornings. 

This is the problem I have found: unless get there on the Thursday it's put out the old Imperium's disappeared from WH Smith. I'll expect the same with Combat Patrol.

In my area (outside Edinburgh), it would seem that WH Smith is the only consistent option, as never found any in the 'leading supermarkets' when I was in. But they do sell out quick smart in WH Smith, so might nip in on Thursday lunchtimes for issues I'm interested in. 

Yea, as always the only way to guarantee it is to subscribe. Might be easier to do than and sell issues you dont want, than go hunting every week! 

Issues need delivered. The hobby hindrence works from home and may intercept and questions will be asked. :laugh:
I used to get what I wanted from Forbidden Planet, and have a couple on order for this. The one's I'm not desperate for (whatever that means) I'll pop along and chance my luck. I think I'm only looking for the Marines and Tyranids this time around, so handy they're up front. 

Just picked up issue 2 at my local WH Smiths, it's not a big store so they don't usually get tons of stock but they were already down to 2 copies and it wasn't even lunch time. Maybe they hadn't put out there whole stock though, like i said it's a small store and they've got a lot of different magazines to fit on the shelves.

Just picked up issue 2 at my local WH Smiths, it's not a big store so they don't usually get tons of stock but they were already down to 2 copies and it wasn't even lunch time. Maybe they hadn't put out there whole stock though, like i said it's a small store and they've got a lot of different magazines to fit on the shelves.

I found issue 2 in mine this morning, though it was behind the counter with the pokemon trading cards, which makes me believe that it was done to limit it easier than it would be if on the rack. I've now got enough leapers for the alternative tyranid combat patrol. 

It wasn't on the shelves in Forbidden Planet Shaftsbury Avenue at lunch today. Issue 1 wasnt on release day either so I'm going to try again the next couple of days on my lunch time wanders.

No issue 1 either 

It wasn't on the shelves in Forbidden Planet Shaftsbury Avenue at lunch today. Issue 1 wasnt on release day either so I'm going to try again the next couple of days on my lunch time wanders.

No issue 1 either 

I was there today and asked a member of staff. They said they put issue 2 out yesterday as they had it early, so they must have all gone. Bit annoying really that they released it early. They did check the computer for me and saw that they still had some in their warehouse. This could mean they get a resupply or maybe it's stock to send out for online orders?

This is the problem I have found: unless get there on the Thursday it's put out the old Imperium's disappeared from WH Smith. I'll expect the same with Combat Patrol.

In my area (outside Edinburgh), it would seem that WH Smith is the only consistent option, as never found any in the 'leading supermarkets' when I was in. But they do sell out quick smart in WH Smith, so might nip in on Thursday lunchtimes for issues I'm interested in. 

Tesco at Hermiston Gate had at least 6 copies of issue 2 at around 3pm today. Issue 1 they still had on the Friday after release.

A fair few copies of Issue 2 in my local WHSmith yesterday. By comparison, Issue 1 was nowhere to be found even on release day. Guess those got snapped up very aggressively by resellers, whereas Von Ryan's Leapers are less desirable.

A fair few copies of Issue 2 in my local WHSmith yesterday. By comparison, Issue 1 was nowhere to be found even on release day. Guess those got snapped up very aggressively by resellers, whereas Von Ryan's Leapers are less desirable.

A bit odd really as I saw more value to the leapers then getting another (monopose) terminator captain and the practically useless Tyranid Prime (seriously, that needs a glow up rules wise. In the trailer it tore a terminator in half, in game, it can barely do it to a normal marine). I'm expecting heavy scalping on later issues mind, and eBay to be filled with less-than-rrp-but-certainly-more-than-paid-for-sprues

I was there today and asked a member of staff. They said they put issue 2 out yesterday as they had it early, so they must have all gone. Bit annoying really that they released it early. They did check the computer for me and saw that they still had some in their warehouse. This could mean they get a resupply or maybe it's stock to send out for online orders?

Frustrating but not surprising. I planned to grab at least one copy to have enough leapers for the alternative combat patrol but this is more of a nice to have if I happened across them than I 'need' them so c'est la vie.

For those who do really, really want them and may have missed out.... Buymagsdirect, based in the Isle of Man, has this issue (and issue 3) but has a postage cost

A bit odd really as I saw more value to the leapers then getting another (monopose) terminator captain and the practically useless Tyranid Prime

My outlook was 3 Primes + my bitsbox= unit of Warriors for £9. Terminator Captains are just a bonus, although a very usable one given my many Space Marine armies.

Frustrating but not surprising. I planned to grab at least one copy to have enough leapers for the alternative combat patrol but this is more of a nice to have if I happened across them than I 'need' them so c'est la vie.

For those who do really, really want them and may have missed out.... Buymagsdirect, based in the Isle of Man, has this issue (and issue 3) but has a postage cost

If you get the chance to get back to Forbidden Planet again, they had them in today. I thought I would give it another go as I was working nearby and they must have just had a re-stock. They had a lot of both issue 1 and 2 on the shelves.

My outlook was 3 Primes + my bitsbox= unit of Warriors for £9. Terminator Captains are just a bonus, although a very usable one given my many Space Marine armies.

When you put it that way, that is good (I can't do that as I lack the bits)

If you get the chance to get back to Forbidden Planet again, they had them in today. I thought I would give it another go as I was working nearby and they must have just had a re-stock. They had a lot of both issue 1 and 2 on the shelves.

Thanks for the heads up - managed to get a couple of copies of issue 2

toying with the idea of another issue 1 based on Halandaar's idea. My nids bits box isnt massive but I can probably muster up a few things. Some of the second edition stuff might not fit the current aesthetic to well though but I should have some bits from more recent editions somewhere

A big thank you to everyone in this thread posting about issue 2 being out in the wild today and yesterday - thanks to your diligence in posting, I'm now the very happy owner of some Von Ryan's Leapers, coming soon to a Kill Team NPC force for my nephews to battle gloriously :biggrin:

Right now I just want to know what’s gonna be in issues 7 and 8 (cos 8 is the end of my sub). We are really hoping to see the terminators in one of those, but I have a sneaky feeling they will make people wait as long as possible for them. Problem is, the marines will be running out of units fast, while the ‘nids have a lot more to get through.

Given there's two space marine units left...I think 7+8 will be the space marine Librarian and one set of termagants. As I think the Terminators will be saved for the last space marine official combat patrol release (I say official to mean what comes in the actual combat patrol) same with the pyschopage with the nids. That would leave two issues for the chaplain on bike and parasite before they switch to the next two combat patrols.

Given there's two space marine units left...I think 7+8 will be the space marine Librarian and one set of termagants. As I think the Terminators will be saved for the last space marine official combat patrol release (I say official to mean what comes in the actual combat patrol) same with the pyschopage with the nids. That would leave two issues for the chaplain on bike and parasite before they switch to the next two combat patrols.

Yeah that was my thinking too. Loads of people will want the terminators so they’ll spin it out as long as they can.