New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

Just some background from a retailers perspective to help some of you understand why you see some in certain places and for how long.

Newspapers and magazines are generally sold in the UK on a sale or return basis - if you don't sell them, fine, send them back and you don't lose anything. Part work magazines are on the same basis, but only for (usually) the first 4 issues. After those, they are no longer sale or return. So that's why the vast majority of supermarkets will carry the first 4, and then not any further issues. WH Smiths as a major retailer have their own distributor, so therefore don't lose as much from the lack of sale or return. That's why some of their stores will carry the part work much further into the collection. However they will only have a couple of issues at most each week, as it's too much risk otherwise.

Just some context.

My lunchtime wander yesterday - FP shaftsbuty had issues 2 and 3 on the shelves. No issue 1 to be seen

I'm skipping 3. I'm actually, finally building the Infernus marines form Indomitus at the moment and I dont think I need more than 10 of these

My lunchtime wander yesterday - FP shaftsbuty had issues 2 and 3 on the shelves. No issue 1 to be seen

I'm skipping 3. I'm actually, finally building the Infernus marines form Indomitus at the moment and I dont think I need more than 10 of these

That's why I wasn't bothering either. Only one temptation I had was painting them up to be Salamanders but I don't think they're that hard to come by on ebay

Just in case anybody is desperate for a copy of issue 3 in the UK, and that they are selling out quickly, I got mine from Warbay shop, 

https://www.warbay.shop

As of 14.30 on 20th Sept there are currently 3 left in stock (there was 8 on Wednesday). 

Newsstand apparently has 4 left in stock as of same time. 

Forbidden Planet has sold out, and not sure where else has it. 

They went early then as that wasn't supposed to be out till tomorrow!

That's what I thought. Might go to wh Smith later to see if they still have issue 3. Or might not bother as it'll probably sit in my pile of shame like issues of imperium and the previous one (can't even remember the name of it).

That's what I thought. Might go to wh Smith later to see if they still have issue 3. Or might not bother as it'll probably sit in my pile of shame like issues of imperium and the previous one (can't even remember the name of it).

You mean Conquest?

Can't say I was particularly bothered about issue 3 as getting Leviathan equipped me with 10 infernus marines and I don't feel like I need anymore. 

You mean Conquest?

Can't say I was particularly bothered about issue 3 as getting Leviathan equipped me with 10 infernus marines and I don't feel like I need anymore. 

Yes, that's the one. 

I painted my leviathan ones as blood angels. I wanted some more infantry for my Ultramarines so thought £10 for a squad wasn't bad.

My usual lunchtime walk to FP shaftsbury avenue - they have issues 1 to 4 on the shelves. Quite a few issue 1 and 4. Not so many issues 2 and 3

Just coming back to the paint issue - thinking about it more I'd be half inclined to get the start painting termagants set instead of issue 4. £18 from a 3rd part with 6 paints, 3 termagants and ripper swarm. 

edit: missed words added as apparently what is in my brain and what I actually type dont match up sometimes

Edited by lhg033

My usual lunchtime to FP shaftsbury avenue - they have issues 1 to 4 on the shelves. Quite a few issue 1 and 4. Not so many issues 2 and 3

Just coming back to the paint issue - thinking about it more I'd be half inclined to get the start painting termagants set instead of issue 4. £18 from a 3rd part with 6 paints, 3 termagants and ripper swarm. 

Plus those are unique sculpts technically. Not sure on the rippers mind