New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

Plus we've known that was the case since the website went live for the test launch back in February/March. We're still waiting to see what issue 7+ is. Issue 6 is Barbgaunts.

Which leaves for the space marines:

Terminators

Librarian Terminator

Chaplain on Bike

Which leaves for Tyranids:

Twenty Termagaunts

Psychophage

Parasite of Mortex

And probably at least 1 more paint issue, probably 2. Depends on how many issues things get split between.

Plus we've known that was the case since the website went live for the test launch back in February/March. We're still waiting to see what issue 7+ is. Issue 6 is Barbgaunts.

Which leaves for the space marines:

Terminators

Librarian Terminator

Chaplain on Bike

Which leaves for Tyranids:

Twenty Termagaunts

Psychophage

Parasite of Mortex

And probably at least 1 more paint issue, probably 2. Depends on how many issues things get split between.

If the terminators are in one issue I might be highly tempted to import a pair. Swapping the sgt melee weapon isn't that hard and it would be some really cheap termies.

If the terminators are in one issue I might be highly tempted to import a pair. Swapping the sgt melee weapon isn't that hard and it would be some really cheap termies.

It would be good but looking at the sprues, I feel sure they will split it over 2 issues.

srwptvxcxj5zeixb.jpg

The Gaunts are split over two issues,  7 and 8. So no surprises if the Termies are too.

Is that confirmed through Forbidden Planet? Also how many gaunts is that? The full 20?

Surprised Fauxhammer haven't posted 6-10, but then again that site hasn't had any updates for a while...

Is that confirmed through Forbidden Planet? Also how many gaunts is that? The full 20?

Surprised Fauxhammer haven't posted 6-10, but then again that site hasn't had any updates for a while...

Been checking Forbidden Planet and Hachette daily to see if they've updated anything but still nothing regarding what is in issues 7 and beyond. To be fair Hachette doesn't even have 5 and 6 up on their site yet but Forbidden Planet does.

Interested to know where the update for Gaunts being in Issues 7 and 8 is from.

:laugh: all 4 of the previous GW partworks collections have had the "Exclusive to the Magazine" model on issue 5, and we have known what this one was since the day the collection was announced, nearly 10 months ago. It's literally the 2nd post in the thread.

The biggest surprise for me is this one isnt another lieutenant.

Still considering skipping this issue. I have the previous conquest and imperium ones (still packaged up in fact in my pile of shame)

Terminators - yes, multiple ideally please. I will be aiming for at least 2 sets. Can never have enough terminators. The only thing holding me back is I will eventually want CC variants.

Terminator librarian - possibly but not sure I need a second on top of leviathan

Chaplain on on bike - yes, probably two,.
Parasite - I may get for completion

Not sure I would get much else as otherwise I may as well buy one of the starter sets to have the lot for cheaper.

Something to note regarding Forbidden Planet postage. 
I've just pre-ordered issues 7-10 (4 issues total), and during postage they are giving the option of weekly delivery or fortnightly delivery. Which is nice, as it halves the postage costs over weekly if you're happy to wait a week or so.

Looks like they may have listened to complaints about postage costs and added this in. Not sure if this expands if you add more pre-orders, but others can check that. 

Been checking Forbidden Planet and Hachette daily to see if they've updated anything but still nothing regarding what is in issues 7 and beyond. To be fair Hachette doesn't even have 5 and 6 up on their site yet but Forbidden Planet does.

Interested to know where the update for Gaunts being in Issues 7 and 8 is from.

Messenger_creation_3112A73F-FBC4-4778-BB25-118221BA5A65.png

Now is that ten gaunts total or ten gaunts per issue as that would mean they're spread over 4 issues for the complete set with 10 left for the list I posted before...actually that could work out to be the case with 4 more paint issues*

* this is working on the assumption that 20 issues equals 2 full combat patrols.

Insider knowledge! At least I don't have to worry about the next couple of issues.

This actually makes me hopeful that the Terminators squad will be in a single issue. The size of the 10 Gaunt sprue is the same size as the Terminator sprue when it's not been cut into separate ones like the previously posted image.

Edited by Knightsword
Typos

Messenger_creation_3112A73F-FBC4-4778-BB25-118221BA5A65.png

Dang my son will be disappointed - I'm collecting the tyranid issues and he's collecting the marines, so this means 3 issues in a row without marines ... and issue 8 is our last one :(

Really surprised they are doing termagants back to back like that. Thought for sure they'd keep alternating the factions.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

Now is that ten gaunts total or ten gaunts per issue as that would mean they're spread over 4 issues for the complete set <...>

The image of the miniatures on the covers only shows 10 (plus a ripper swarm) with Part 1-2 of 2 alongside, so unfortunately it looks like 4 issues for all 20 termagants.

Yeah, "Part 1 of 2" means it's a single kit split over 2 issues, so there are 4 issues total for Termagants/Rippers. Not particularly surprising, that's exactly how the Necron Warriors were done in Imperium. 

Anyway, good info @Son of Rawl, thanks. Means I can stop worrying about missing the stuff I actually want for a couple more weeks!

The Gaunts are split over two issues,  7 and 8. So no surprises if the Termies are too.

It's possible but I retain hope simply because they've never split 5-model infantry units across issues in any previous GW collection, it's only been for 10-model kits, or for units of bigger models where the sprues sizes dictate that only 2/3 of a kit will fit in the package.

EDIT - Musing on this a bit more, in both Stormbringer and Imperium, every single 4-issue batch included paints up until the mid-thirties, and I expect this to go much the same way. So we can presume that either issue 09 or 10 will contain paint, and the other one of those two will be one of the remaining Space Marine kits, and of those I think the Librarian seems slightly more likely.

Edited by Halandaar

Yeah, I'll skip the Gaunts for certain if they are split over two issues. 

I really hope the Termies are one issue. I can justify it (to myself) easily for a few copies if it is. Less so at double the cost but i'd probably still get some to pad out my Deathwing with more bodies

I kinda regret subbing for those first 8 issues now tbh, even at the low price of that original Newsstand deal. Long-term, that would have been great, because the value of the later patrols is so much higher. However these first 8 issues cost £48 in total, when I could have bought a starter set from Wayland for £54 if those were the models I wanted. I really wanted to cancel it when the price error came out but when they said they would charge me 20% just to cancel it didn’t seem worth it.

Those of you who were able to pay the full year at £300 are very lucky in this whole thing.

Yeah but if you got a full year you’ll have a ton of cool stuff. I reckon the early issues are deliberately a bit meh so people stay subbed for the better stuff.

You could try and estimate where the collection will be via the premium packages as I'd wager they're tied to whatever combat patrols are the focus of the time (for example, Brutalis Dreadnought and Hive Tyrant at issue 15). If this is true we'll probably see Eldar vs Chaos issues 20-40* so 52 would put someone close to finishing another pair of combat patrols.

*depending on the number of kits in the respective combat patrols.