New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

It's possible but I retain hope simply because they've never split 5-model infantry units across issues in any previous GW collection, it's only been for 10-model kits, or for units of bigger models where the sprues sizes dictate that only 2/3 of a kit will fit in the package.

Unfortunately, in Imperium the 5 man unit of lychguard/praetorians was split over two. Looking at the sprues on the shop, they seem to have the same sprue real estate as well.

Unfortunately, in Imperium the 5 man unit of lychguard/praetorians was split over two. Looking at the sprues on the shop, they seem to have the same sprue real estate as well.

Ah quite right, they were.

Regarding sprues though, the Lychguard is a substantially bigger kit (3x "A5" sized sprue) which doesn't fit flatly on a single copy of the magazine. The Terminators included here are the monopose ones from Leviathan, so they take up half the space (1x A5 and 1x A6), not the full multipart kit (which is the one with 3x A5 sprues)

Nope, same size. Haven’t received my issue 4 yet though, should have been here end of last week.

Maybe the postman couldn’t fit it through my letterbox :p

I've been onto NewsStand, and they said they didn't get the right allotment of this one and will be running late (excuses) 

I have not got mine either. 

There's no accusation of heresy emoji so ill leave that to the imagination:tongue:

So 4 paint issues still to come before issue 20 (after this weeks that is) and Terminators are spread across 2.

Please bare in mind that Fauxhammer has taken images of the webstore so the Terminators are the monopose ones from Leviathan/Starter/Ultimate Starter/Combat Patrol Space Marines. Same with the Termagaunts, they do not come with the extra weapon sprue.

That being said, I need to preorder issue 20 when I can

Wow. When you look at it like that the first 20 issues aren’t great value at all at £200, when you can get most of the contents in a £54 starter set from Wayland Games and just pick up the extras separately if you really want to. 4 issues for 20 monopose termagants really sucks, and more than one issue with just 2 paint pots.

So 4 paint issues still to come before issue 20 (after this weeks that is) and Terminators are spread across 2.

Please bare in mind that Fauxhammer has taken images of the webstore so the Terminators are the monopose ones from Leviathan/Starter/Ultimate Starter/Combat Patrol Space Marines. Same with the Termagaunts, they do not come with the extra weapon sprue.

That being said, I need to preorder issue 20 when I can

While it sucks that the terminators are two issues, might still try and grab spare issue 19. Issue 15 is a steal as well, but I'll have gotten my third psychophage by then anyway.

Wow. When you look at it like that the first 20 issues aren’t great value at all at £200, when you can get most of the contents in a £54 starter set from Wayland Games and just pick up the extras separately if you really want to. 4 issues for 20 monopose termagants really sucks, and more than one issue with just 2 paint pots.

With the Terminators spread over two issues I'll probably do just that, buy a starter kit from and independent stockist instead. I'll pick up issue 6 for the Barbiegaunts and put them on the pile for a future nid project. 

That said, buying one of the Termie issue could have value as conversion or kit bashing fodder, one of the issues will come with 3 Terminators and you'd be hard pressed to get that for less than £10. Pick up the issue and slap on the spare heavy weapons from the regular kit, or build alternative load outs for your sergeant. I'm sure there's quite a bit you could do with the right parts and 3 whole Terminator bodies. 

Edited by CL_Mission

Yeah this seems a real let down - as others have pointed out terrible value compared to the Starter Set. Also seems a lot of paints issues this early in the run. Given the amount of paints shown in the pictures contents, this seems a healthy majority in the first quarter. Could mean some better value deliveries later on?

To be fair, these two sets weren't going to be much of a deal since most of the kits are in the starter sets and those are near the cost of 1 of the combat patrol boxes. It's why the nid/marine CPs are the worst value right now. This should pick up in the other sets cause it is an average of 10 issues a CP plus unit that works better for the others previewed so far. 

Yeah I suppose it's better getting the nids and sm out of the way now instead of bogging things down later. If I didn't already have a parasite I'd grab that for the bargain price as well. The old GSC combat patrol is tempting but it looks like it's near the end of the run.

I was honestly expecting the Termagants to be one issue per 10, so seeing them spread across 2 is surprising... Some of you will remember my estimates of issues from earlier in the thread, this really breaks those calculations!

But good grief getting the Bike Chaplain in one issue is a mega deal.