Acquiring anniversary models

Go to solution Solved by m_r_parker,

Like it says in the title. I am interested in getting my hands on that new fyreslayers character (yeah it's AoS and not 40k, but i presume they would be acquired the same way). My closest Warhammer store is an hour and a half commute, and i don't even know its anniversary. how does the process work? is it prohibitively expensive to get them secondhand? i haven't really paid attention before as there haven't been anniversary models i wanted.

• Solution

It's relatively straightforward:

1. Find your nearest store and when their anniversary is (there used to be a document on the Warhammer Community page, I can't find it at the moment)
  2. Their anniversary normally lasts 7-9 days, to give people opportunity to get in rather than be a specific day.
  3. Go to the store during that period, tell them you'd like a model and they'll order it. I think the models last year were £25 in the UK.
  4. They'll take some time to be made (it's a Made To Order process), and when they're ready you go to your store to collect them (no postage)

Ultimately, if the store is that far away, you're going to have to accept that either a) you'll be spending ~6 hours of commuting to get it, or b) you'll be missing out. There's no phone orders, you can't get them online, it's physically in store. Plus, as I mentioned above, they won't have stock on the day as once their anniversary period is over they'll submit an order of all the models and anniversary products they need. I think it took about 6 weeks last year for my store in the UK to get their stuff. Only other way is if you know someone who is going and can order one for you on their behalf - models aren't limited, I've seen people representing gaming clubs come in and order 30+ of both models.

@m_r_parker is on the money with their info. If you are unable to make it to a physical store, then it's worth looking up the '40k Warhammer and general Wargames Trip Loot Sharing' group on Facebook, which is a group set up to prevent scalping. Lots of very kind folk on there who (as per the group rules) will only sell at cost price. 

+Edit +

Thinking about this in relation to the forum rules... Mods, I'm assuming it's okay to share this info here? 

Edited by apologist

For those wondering when their local stores anniversary is, there is an older document that has them listed. It's from 2019, so if your store is newer then it won't be on there. A few words of warning:

• Dates are listed as DD/MM/YYYY
  • Stores *shouldn't* have their anniversaries changed, as it's linked to when the store first opened - it's always a good idea to check.
  • I have heard that a couple of the dates are wrong - so again, it's a good idea to check.
  • This was something that you could find on the Community site, but can't easily access anymore. There's probably a reason for that, but we don't know why...

https://www.docdroid.net/TzqbsvN/storeanniversarylist-onedate2ssw-pdf

5 hours ago, apologist said:

@m_r_parker is on the money with their info. If you are unable to make it to a physical store, then it's worth looking up the '40k Warhammer and general Wargames Trip Loot Sharing' group on Facebook, which is a group set up to prevent scalping. Lots of very kind folk on there who (as per the group rules) will only sell at cost price. 

+Edit +

Thinking about this in relation to the forum rules... Mods, I'm assuming it's okay to share this info here? 

This is fine.