bl.php?text=Blood%20Angels%20Unit%20of%20the%20Week%20Series&fontsize=25&bg=CE0018

Welcome to part two of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week series!

Following the release of the 10th edition Index, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will discuss the units from the units found within Index: Blood Angels, parts two to four will discuss Index: Space Marines, part five will be Imperial Armour, and part six will be Legends.

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

Without further ado, here's this week's entry:

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Librarian in Phobos Armour

What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you use a Librarian in Phobos Armour?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? 
  • Which Detachment are you using?
  • What unit is he leading, if any?
  • What delivery options are you using? 
  • What deployment options are you using?
  • Stratagem synergy of note?

Over to you.

Please note that Librarian, Librarian in Terminator Armour, Librarian on Bike, and Librarian with Jump Pack will be discussed elsewhere.

Should you want your model on display here (or on another thread), then submit a photo here please.

(Once I work out how best to float it!)

As an aside, the thread setup may change over the coming weeks until I'm happy with them. This includes the photos.

Really like the sculpt on this guy. One of the few fully painted minis I've accomplished.

His abilities are pretty good too. An obvious hit from the removal of the psychic phase, but he also seems pretty good in modern psychic sensibilities.  Making a unit untargetable outside 12" is a really good ability.  I would love to take one with a unit of eliminators and basically stop them from being interacted with, but probably a bit too expensive for such a cheeky move. 

His ability to make unit untargettable is really usefull with Incursors because they usually are quite high priority target. Adding some firing and fighting power to the unit is just nice bonus

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

I like him with Infiltrators as they cannot be targetted outside 12" and no one can Deep Strike within 12" to burst the bubble.

yeah this is pretty much the standard use of him it seems. I've not tried him in 10th, have people had much luck with him? And are you generally all using him in the above function?

My main issue with the Phobos Libby is his cost and relatively modest power of the units he can join and buff. Eliminators are a good example of this, they are a decent unit at 75 points and making them invisible would be cool. Except that for the price of the Libby you can get a second squad of Eliminators. Granted they are not invisible but it's twice as much damage output and twice as many wounds for your opponent to chew through.

When the cost of the buffing Character becomes almost as much as the squad he is buffing, I struggle to fit it into my lists. All the Phobos squads can potentially make good use of the Libby but I am not convinced he is a better buy than another squad.