Question - Re Keywords, attached units & enhancements.

Ok I have a potential rule query that I need to debate. 

As you know if you attach a character with eg Psyker keyword to a battleline unit the whole unit now gets Psyker keyword 

Here’s my conundrum 

Azrael will get Deathwing keyword, and it’s already been confirmed if he’s attached to a unit of Hellblasters, the whole unit is now Deathwing keyword. 

If you attach an apothecary to the unit, naturally by the ruleset Apothecary is now Deathwing keyword also. 

The new enhancements state they can only be attached to a Deathwing character, would this make it legal to attach said enhancement to the Apothecary? 

55 minutes ago, Alternis said:

The new enhancements state they can only be attached to a Deathwing character, would this make it legal to attach said enhancement to the Apothecary? 

I think it would not. The Character would need to have the Deathwing keyword during army construction for the Enhancement to be legal. Characters are only assigned to units at Deployment so it is at that point that the Apothecary gains the Deathwing Keyword.

However during the game, if a stratagem targets a model with the Deathwing Keyword, than at that point, the Apothecary is a legal target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 2:54 PM, Karhedron said:

I think it would not. The Character would need to have the Deathwing keyword during army construction for the Enhancement to be legal. Characters are only assigned to units at Deployment so it is at that point that the Apothecary gains the Deathwing Keyword.

However during the game, if a stratagem targets a model with the Deathwing Keyword, than at that point, the Apothecary is a legal target.

Actually its not.  If this hypothetical Strat targets a DEATHWING "model" the Apothecary is not a DEATHWING "model" he is part of a DEATHWING unit.  The keywords are shared among the unit, but not to the models.   Now I've never seen a Strat that requires a KEYWORD model instead of a KEYWORD unit (Where the keyword mingling happens).  But in casse there is/will be that would be a point to keep in mind.