The Rumour Engine - 6th February, 2024

There's still the grenade and pie box RE which hasn't been resolved, which could tie it back to being Ratlings?

z8rcbp9uqk8b1.jpg

There's also the Votann on-foot Pioneers (Rangers?) rumoured for Kill Team again. The backpack isn't a perfect match, but it does have a few elements which are reminiscent of their backpacks, which do have some differences between them depending on their role.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR36mD4qlJDVQBYUGpB9ds-l1200.webp

Edited by Lord Marshal

I have a bad feeling this is gonna be some weird Krieg unit that fits a battlefield role specifically for 40K that is terrible anywhere else. Like Krieg won’t get Grenadiers but will get no mans land desolators with the piat we saw previewed and molded on camo cloaks that make the models unusable for anything 40K. 

1 hour ago, grailkeeper said:

Certainly looks like a ghillie suit. Anyone see that camo pattern before?

Its remniscent of the eldar ranger camo pattern (but only the saimhann paintjob), but I dont think the camo pattern is the best indication for what it might be.

Then there is the 3 lines design element on the cannister that is recurring on votann ( and kroot.. ) but thats focused around their hands. It could easily be something guard.. the design language of seperate elements is actually not as defined/restrained as some other armies are.

But Im with the votann pioneer voters most of all I think.

Top right, just under the corner of the WarCom logo, is what looks like a bundle of dynamite. That suggests an Imperial infiltrator/saboteur to me. I last saw explosives like that on Rein (or is it Raus?).

Isnt what is being seen as a hammer and before as a piece of dynamite way too small for either ? I think its more likely a bullet/ammo.. unless this thing is not the bottom part of a cloak but a tent instead XD

edit :

@Brother Carpenter that is I assume you mean the cylinder shape under the warhammer community logo

Edited by TheMawr

To illustrate what I mean :

roughscale.jpg.a626694ac013768002ab0393ec474374.jpg

The directional flow and placing of objects would indicate this relative scale to how it would be on a miniature... its likely off by a bit, but probably not much. ( also, the krieg one is clearly not a cape/cloak so falls differently. )

Interestingly the wide nature ( if this makes any sense.) at first made me much more convinced this is Votann, but, it would look like that on a human proportioned model too if the fabric is hanging from an arm that is aiming its weapon, wich isnt an unlikely pose for a sniper, wich in turn is a likely candidate for a camo cape like this.

btw : this is the first time I saw both the cleaning rag on the brokyn and the mug on the krieg backpack, I like those kind of elements :)

Edited by TheMawr

6 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I have a bad feeling this is gonna be some weird Krieg unit that fits a battlefield role specifically for 40K that is terrible anywhere else. Like Krieg won’t get Grenadiers but will get no mans land desolators with the piat we saw previewed and molded on camo cloaks that make the models unusable for anything 40K. 

Grenadiers with a missile launcher option and an optional camo smock/cloak would be nice. Lean a bit more into the German side of the Franco-German inspired Kriegers.

7 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Grenadiers have been gone for a really long time. I think if krieg get bespoke units it'll likely be Engineers they scream trench fighters and make for a good kill team and are still being sold. That cloak though the jagged pattern and strips of cloth say urban camo to me.

Guest Triszin
17 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Guard?/ Votann?... whoever it is, it'll be great for them to get a Sniper figure :thumbsup:

M

Here I am hoping the votann sniper was just a siege tank from StarCraft.