Knight Drop Pod Rules

Whipped up some home made rules for knight drop pods for legions imperialis. 

Point cost is a shot in the dark, they're based off the dreadnought drop pods which are 7pts a model. Like the dreadnought pods, these aren't assault transports so no charge order out of them. I also included the ability to purchase palisade shield pods for each knight pod. 

KNIGHT DROP POD.jpg

Nice idea. You say they "may transport knights" but did you mean  to write "only knights"? You haven't explained the X either, which I assume is the number of knights it can carry. Apologies if that's covered in the core rules, I haven't bothered to read my copy of the rulebook.

7 hours ago, Cactus said:

Nice idea. You say they "may transport knights" but did you mean  to write "only knights"? You haven't explained the X either, which I assume is the number of knights it can carry. Apologies if that's covered in the core rules, I haven't bothered to read my copy of the rulebook.

It's all there under knight transport (x), its not common to have special rules in a unit listing itself but because its a new one I had to make up it's all there. 

I haven't found Knights to be that good in LI, I don't think this would hurt.

My Acastus got wrecked by similar points in Baneblades yesterday for example. 

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

11 hours ago, Black Cohort said:

The rules seem cool, but I wonder if it is a balance issue to give knights drop pods?

The cost of just a stock questoris is 180pts. One can field 6 leviathan dreadnoughts in 6 drop pods for 180pts. I feel its more knights that are over costed. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:03 AM, Crablezworth said:

It's all there under knight transport (x), its not common to have special rules in a unit listing itself but because its a new one I had to make up it's all there. 

Of course it is! I think this might be when I finally concede that I should be using reading glasses! :teehee: