An idea for Infiltrators/Incursors

A while back I learned to do Digital Camo with rocksalt and water:  "Paint" the "cloth" with water, dip in a little rock salt.  Paint black.  More water, more salt, paint dark gray, rinse and repeat (Ha Ha) paint light grey.  I'm thinking of doing this with the Infiltrators/Incursors but leave their Chapter pauldron Chapter Colors like Deathwatch or Librarians.  Any thoughts?

BloodAngelScoutwithcamocloak.jpg.92ef70a5ac5af65cc25894ddbb922bca.jpg

Edited by Tacitus

The camo on that cloak does look very nice :smile: 

I think one problem you may have if you apply it to a whole marine is that it works as actual camouflage, and breaks up their outline too much, making them "hard to read" as as model. Really, the only way to find out is to try it on a model if it doesn't take too long (and if it doesn't work, into the IPA goes the model).

5 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I think one problem you may have if you apply it to a whole marine is that it works as actual camouflage, and breaks up their outline too much, making them

what do you think the actual point of cameo is. it's so the space marines don't get our dirty fingers on there faces when we move them

18 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

The camo on that cloak does look very nice :smile: 

I think one problem you may have if you apply it to a whole marine is that it works as actual camouflage, and breaks up their outline too much, making them "hard to read" as as model. Really, the only way to find out is to try it on a model if it doesn't take too long (and if it doesn't work, into the IPA goes the model).

I'd still do the weapons, chapter pad and backpack bits normal - so you'd see the antenna or incursor scanners, the guns and knives, etc stand out from the camo mostly.