I, Brother Rusted Boltgun, of the Fists of Light take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge one and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I intend to do more than one challenge and will amend my vow accordingly as we progress.

Ave Imperator!

Without saying I'm done, I've gotten a more or less complete version of my Index article up. Word count is 3400 plus, I even did a thing and tried getting creative with images and layout. I admittedly have been remiss in commenting on other peoples work, though honestly, this year it seems like everyone has a pretty definitive ideas for their IAs.

Deep down, lost in the Depths that are Deeper then the Deepest Darkest Layers of the Liber he once called home an ancient figure stirred beneath a pile of dust, half baked ideas and a life long service to the Chaos God of Procrastination.  He had heard a call.  A call that he had once himself issued.  A call that spoke only of chaos, failure and self defeat.  The Iron Gauntlet, the instrument of destruction he had once forged those long eons past, had been found again.  It had taken a long time for the call to echo down those long lost corridors to where he slept.  But it had reached him.  And just in time.  Time, he mused to himself, had always been his enemy.  Well that and an overwhelming need to over commit himself...  Still, he donned his ancient skull faced helm and picked up his crozius.  The Iron Gauntlet and the Liber were calling. 

It wasn't time to go home.  No, it was well passed that.

I, Brother Argent, Once Unofficial Reclusiarch of the Liber, Master of Procrastinations, Forger of the Iron Gauntlet and Thrice Oathbreaker, vow to take up the Iron Gauntlet and earn my redemption for my absence and past failures.  I vow here before my fellow brother and sisters of the Liberatii to complete all the challenges, starting with Challenge the First, and attempt to submit it before the rather close deadline.  I shall endeavor to offer what support I can to my fellows here in the forum I once called home.  May the Emperor, the Dark Gods and all in between scourge my soul for all eternity should I fail.

I shall, however, attempt to moderate my zeal a little this time with only attempting each challenge once.  Particularly with how close I am to the first deadline before even starting.  I shall attempt the Gauntlet this year with my Interdictors.

Stand by for links.  And I hope to start checking out peoples articles tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

Hello all!

This is just a friendly reminder that the First Challenge will end in just over 48 hrs*, so if you have articles written that you haven't yet posted, please do get them up so we can all enjoy them!

Then it will be time to start painting for the Second Challenge!

*it should be noted that I've just been asked earlier today to take over being lead event-runner for the 2024 IG, and I honestly haven't been keeping up with it as well as I should! So I will try to get a list together of who has entered and who has completed the 1st Challenge (and to what level). Well done to everyone taking part! :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

I did commit to this didn’t I?

Time to rush a bronze level article I guess.

I know I read a few other peoples entries in the early part of this but not sure I commented, sorry.

Hope everything is alright with Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch and a thank you to Lys for stepping up.

@Lysimachus thank you for taking over this challenge and marshalling this disparate band.

Can I ask for dispensation on the second challenge?

I will have an enforced hobby absence for 10 days from Sunday. The unit I want to run in the third challenge is only valid at the second tier of the challenge (as it is not battleline).

Would you grant me an extension in these circumstances? 

Or swap it for the fifth challenge?! I could have a go at that while I'm away.

Tonight I just have to do the backs of two datacard, and a little blurb that takes us into the current time-line to set the stage for challnge 3 and launch the Crusade.

My KT is picked for challenge two, and I've figured out my stretch goals just in case I can get more than bronze level in the allotted time.

16 hours ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

Can I ask for dispensation on the second challenge?

I'm happy to say the start and end date is 10 days later on the 2nd Challenge for you, if that works?

If you want to use those 10 days as a head start on one of the later Challenges, that sounds great as it means you can still finish the whole IG at the same time as everyone else?

Here is the link to the completed Challenge: Sisters of Saint Katherine's Aegis

I've actually completed four index cards back and front: The Grain Maiden, Assassins of the Grain Maiden's Rage, Thresher Command and Thresher Militia. The cards are complete, but the formatting is off. I didn't want to risk missing the deadline, so I posted the article without them.

It weighs in at 3195 words, and it it's complete... But I had wanted to include those cards and a blurb to launch the Crusade. Looking ahead to future challenges though, those cards could form part of challenge four, and that blurb could be part of challenge three... So maybe it's not a bad idea to slow my roll.

Hey all, I've gone through and added everyone's links to the main post. Sorry I've been AWOL. Life happened, which was part of it, but another part was, in fact, largely that over time I've found myself drifting away from the board, and also being driven away due to irreconcilable differences with other members of the team. As a result, I'll be stepping down as a Moderator shortly. I'm proud of all of you who have picked up the Gauntlet--I can say from experience that it's no easy task. I am entrusting you all into Lysimachus's capable and experienced hands--I expect great things!

It's been my privilege to serve as a Liber Moderator. May your ink flow ever-ceaselessly from your quills, and for the God-Emperor's sake, don't go poking around the Liber kitchen! :P

I hope you still hand around the Liber mate, you've become quite the fixture here.  And you certainly have some pretty creative ideas.

Well, I got something done.  I cant say its complete.  But its complete enough to count I hope. 

The Interdictors

Can I just say its damned good to be back.  Once I got writing on that...  it just felt like home all over again.  Now to go see what talent has grown up around here in my overlong absence,

Posted (edited)

Well, with that submission from Brother Argent, based on the list DPL provided it looks like everyone who vowed for Challenge 1 was successful! I can't check word counts but they all look like substantial articles, am I right in thinking everyone managed 3k+ words and took a Gold? Amazing work everyone, 8 completed vows is a great start to the Iron Gauntlet 2024! :thumbsup:

The question is, will any/all of those 8 be able to build off of this great start, complete the other 4 Challenges, and claim the coveted Gauntlet itself?

So, that brings Challenge 1 to a close (though of course I'd encourage everyone to keep building on what they've written, and I will also try to have a proper read through and offer some thoughts on all of the successful entries!) and we can open vows for Challenge 2!

As before, your vows should use the following format:

I, <your name>, of the <Chapter/Warband/Regiment/Klan/Craftworld/Sept/Legio/Gang/other organization name> take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 2 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline of July 17th 2024. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Gork and Mork/Hive Mind/other 40k deity/Brother Argos curse me if I fail.

Please post your vows here and add a link to your WiP threads, with a pic of your minis at the starting point of the Challenge, (i.e. either unassembled, or assembled but at most undercoated).

May the Emperor/Chaos Gods/whatever bless your brushes! :biggrin:

Edited by Lysimachus

I believe I only had around ~2600 words for mine. I had more ideas I wanted to put in, but I ran into the greatest foe: work. Hopefully I can get back around to that later.

As for the next challenge

I, sitnam, of the Bluebeak Kindred take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 2 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the spirits of Pech curse me if I fail.

I need to catch up on some replies and edits, but between hurricane winds and nurgles own fever from hell I'm only just hanging on.

I, NovemberIX, of the Knight House Garaipena take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge The Second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Fires of Time curse me if I fail.

1PUTrIl.jpeg

Well I hope the weather settles and you're feeling better soon- this is an amazing commitment and I look forward to seeing you work through it. Knights just look impressive- even laid out as they are in your photo. I felt like I was in a knight factory.

I, ThePenitentOne, on behalf of the Sisters of Saint Katherine's Aegis take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge II and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.