Snakes of Ithaka's - Iron Snakes Project

Real nice work, and great chapter! My only critique would be that the grey bases are too similar to the grey-steel of the armour so there isn't enough contrast between them to make the models 'pop'.  Would you consider a light/dark brown, or much darker grey (almost black sands) base to contrast the bright models?

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while since I posted any updates as real life hasn't left much time for hobby, but now as the nights are drawing in again in the UK that has now changed so time to get cracking.

First up is the first 5 men of Kalliopi squad completed minus decals.

Kalliopi Squad

large.20241013_165220.jpg.24390d2309d37011acd5f137b69455eb.jpg

So that's another squad I can cross off the list:

• Damocles Squad - using the sternguard kit as a base
  • Kalliopi Squad - using the jump pack assault intercessors as a base
  • Erasmos Squad -  using the assault intercessor kit as a base 
  • Platonos Squad - using the intercessor kit as a base 
  • Captain Priad - using dark angels master lazarus as a base.
  • Pyrakmon - techmarine kit
  • Hamiskora - librarian kit

I currently have a bit of a backlog on the 3d prints as I need to get all some more shoulder pads, spears and apothecary bits printed off as I have the basic idea of how to do the next squad, biggest issue is finding copies of the back banner from the new sterngaurd kit availble on ebay as I'm hoping to have one on each squad, so far i've only managed to pick up a couple.

Hopefully over the next week or so I can get the bodies of the Assault Intercessors made up, primed and painted,.

Erasmaos WIP

large.20241017_074540.jpg.8219a4f714b3bae41589a598efcadd3d.jpg

Current WIP of the first marine from Erasmos, still need to make a few touch ups to the banner but made a pretty good start.

And finally I have moved all the models I have completed this year out of the really useful box where they have been living and out into the display cabinet (plus 1 marine that I Picked uo from the Primaris project off instagram ages ago)

large.20241015_184456.jpg.3a87be061234354852c127d4bd0bcadb.jpg

Absolutely love these models and so awesome to see you back working on your Iron Snakes....I just started listening to Brothers of the Snake again.