The Rumour Engine – 23rd April 2024

Feels more ad-mech to me. 

Edit: for example has similar design cues here and there from the Kataphron claws. 

Warhammer 40k Adeptus Mechanicus Bits Kataphron Small Arms x3 -Claw | eBay

Edited by Matcap86

I would also lean towards Necromunda as a lot of the latest Necromunda models seem to be sporting 3 fingered augmetics. It's also quite beaten up in the same way.

However, not sure it is Necromunda. Does look a bit more Chaos tbh.

I was gonna say maybe Charonite Ogryns for Solar Auxilia but went back and looked at the original models and this looks nothing like their weapons.

I'm enjoying the rumour engine accompanying commentary from WarCom of late, they've got someone geuninely funny writing them recently.

Whatever mini this is, looks cool and I want one.

The little pips on the back of the thumb scream Chaos to me. Perhaps a power fist in another set of mortals/cultists/traitor guard?

Save guess would be necromunda but my wild guess is HH Mechanicum

Something just feels like this guy to me:

Spoiler

99550108154_Ursurax02.jpg?fm=webp&w=670&

(Of course the level of detail doesn't match up but still feels like it could be something new for Mechanicum as SA also got new stuff for their release)

Edited by Matrindur

44 minutes ago, Joe said:

There's a melta on the underside.

That's a good spot! :biggrin:

At first I thought it looked like a new Grotesque, but I agree it looks like it goes with the Ad Mech-y looking skull with drill :smile:

Edited by firestorm40k
Typo

34 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Save guess would be necromunda but my wild guess is HH Mechanicum

Something just feels like this guy to me:

Hide contents

99550108154_Ursurax02.jpg?fm=webp&w=670&

(Of course the level of detail doesn't match up but still feels like it could be something new for Mechanicum as SA also got new stuff for their release)

Im thinking this new one and the drill might indeed be Mechanicum. The burshwork is more FW than 40k. And I think the brighter scheme might be that they use the light beige Mechanicum scheme for the studio army instead of red. FW really wants to have a little of distance from GW studio armies.

Guest Triszin

Chaos robots coming back under a vashtors pertarbo, dark mech faction

2 hours ago, Cleon said:

The little pips on the back of the thumb scream Chaos to me. Perhaps a power fist in another set of mortals/cultists/traitor guard?

We also see those "pips" on some admech models (I think the onager has some on its legs, or skitarii have them on some shinguards and weapons iirc)

The painted weathering seems more like Necromunda painting style, 40k models are generally "cleaner" for the box art - could Necromunda be getting an AdMech team or at least hired guns in the new expansion (Secundus?)

Something Necromunda seems like a safe bet...I don't think it has enough greebles to be Epic (the return of the Subjugator?) as much as I'd like to hope.