Deathwing Ancient help

Hi all,

might have missed this and apologies if already covered but from what I have read I cannot give the Terminator Ancient or the Terminator Assault Squad Deathwing, Is this correct or am I missing something?

Also feel a re shame that Strikemasters are not in the Codex Supplement despite getting a mention in the background part

p59 in the Codex Supplement, under Army Rules at the bottom of the page, there is a list of units from the full Space Marine codex that are given the 'Deathwing' keyword if they are formed as part of a Dark Angels chapter. Included within this are all units with the 'Terminator' keyword, including the Terminator Ancient and terminator Assault Squads.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Another question given the rule of 3 from the rule book,

As Deathwing Terminators are not Battleline can I take 3 squads of Deathwing Terminators and 3 squads of Terminators from the Space Marine Codex which get the Deathwing keyword from the codex supplement to field an all Terminator force?

Yes, Terminators and Deathwing Terminators are different units with different datasheets and points costs so you can include 3 of each. Just remember that even though they will both have the Deathwing Keyword, the "codex" squad will not have access to weapon options like the Plasma Cannon as that remains exclusive to the Deathwing Terminator squad. I don't think that this is a big drawback as the Plasma Cannon is mainly rule of cool anyway.